[SmartCrawl Pro] SmartCrawl causing issue with Page Editor

Hello,
Smartcrawl is causing a problem with the "Fusion Builder" plug-in that comes with the Avada theme. On the page builder, the option to edit the content is disabled. It will not allow to switch between Classic editor and fusion editor. When I disable Smartcrawl the issue is resolved.
Open inspection of the consoel the following error appears:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'isEditedPostDirty' of undefined
at wds-metabox.js?ver=2.2.5:98
at data.min.js?ver=4.2.0:1
at Array.forEach (<anonymous>:wink:
at n (data.min.js?ver=4.2.0:1)
at b (data.min.js?ver=4.2.0:1)
at Object.dispatch (data.min.js?ver=4.2.0:1)
at wp-seo-post-scraper-960.min.js?ver=9.6:1
at analysis-960.min.js?ver=9.6:10
wds-metabox.js?ver=2.2.5:130 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'isEditedPostDirty' of undefined
at is_edited_post_dirty (wds-metabox.js?ver=2.2.5:130)
at refresh_preview (wds-metabox.js?ver=2.2.5:389)
at handle_page_load (wds-metabox.js?ver=2.2.5:192)
at dispatch (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils&ver=5.0.3:3)
at r.handle (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils&ver=5.0.3:3)
This is linked to /plugins/wpmu-dev-seo/includes//js/wds-metabox.js?ver=2.2.5.
I can open site to support for you to take another look if needed.

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Dave!

Sorry to hear this happened to you!

We are aware of a similar issue already. I’ve notified our team about this problem earlier today and they will be looking into it.

The issue seems to be related to switching between the classic editor and the new Gutenberg editor. Some plugins and themes may also get in the way.

I’ve tested SmartCrawl with Avada and Fusion Builder on my local test site and it works fine. Because of this, I’d like to take a look at your site and diagnose what is causing the issue in your situation. Would you mind enabling support access in the WPMU Dashboard?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Please respond in this ticket once access is granted.

cheers,
    Pawel

• Dave
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Pawel,

Glad to hear it's an issue that the team are already aware of. We run Smartcrawl on over 20 websites with the Avada theme and it's only this site that the error exists.

I have enabled access for support. Hopefully they will spot something that can help! If Smartcrawl isn't enabled feel free to enable it.

-Dave

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Dave!

Yes, we are aware of the issue and are currently tracking which plugin combinations cause this to happen. It’s never just two plugins interacting, so it’s not something obvious.

I managed to replicate the issue you are currently facing on your site and narrowed it down to a conflict that only happens when there is Avada + Fusion Builder + SmartCrawl + Yoast SEO active. It’s similar to what we saw earlier.

I’ll update our team about the issues I’ve discovered on your site to help them pinpoint the cause and fix this.

In the meantime, a temporary solution would be to disable one of the above plugins until the problem is fixed by our team.

We are sorry that you have faced this problem.

best regards,
    Pawel

• Justin
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi pawel,

We have experienced this same issue where a WYSIWYG field of Advanced Custom Fields pro 'Text' tab is disabled and the console outputs the same Cannot read property 'isEditedPostDirty' of undefined. After deactivating the Smartcrawl plugin the 'Text' tab of the acf wysiwyg field is clickable again.

Best regards,

Justin

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Justin!

This seems to be the same issue. The reasons for this happening I explained in this thread earlier. Currently a fix for this is being prepared by our developers and will soon go through testing process before being released.

I can't tell from the description you provided how to workaround this - for this I would need to access your site to check which plugins are causing a conflict. If you have Yoast SEO installed on your site, disabling it temporarily should be enough.

If you want help with this issue, please create a separate ticket and so we will be able to help you (you will be able to set up support access which speeds things up a lot).

Kind regards,
    Pawel

• Scott
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Getting a similar issue on one of our client sites –

wds-metabox.js?ver=2.2.5:130 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'isEditedPostDirty' of undefined.

Have granted support access to poke around.

Thank you

• Pawel
      • Staff

Hi Scott!

Thank you for contacting us. I'm sorry you are facing this issue! To be able to provide better support, please create a separate ticket for your issue, okay? It will help us handle your case separately, as we usually keep one thread per issue so we can keep track of things if needed. Right now if I was to take this here, I can't use some of the options I already used to handle the previous case. I don't want to miss anything while helping you - but it will be easier toaccidentally mess up if we continue here.

When you create your ticket, please paste a link to this one for reference!

Kind regards,
      Pawel

• Ahmad Zaim
    • New Recruit

Having a similar issue here. I'm using WP v5.1.1 (w Classic Editor) + SmartCrawl Pro + Yoast SEO. Definitely conflicts between SmartCrawl & Yoast. For temporary, I'm changing the code for wds-metabox.js as below. Basically just rearranging to check on is_classic_editor_active() first.

Line 45-49:

if (is_classic_editor_active()) {
    		return wp.autosave.getPostData();
    } else if (is_gutenberg_active()) {
    		return get_gutenberg_data();
    }

Line 105-109:

hook_classic_editor_listeners();
    	hook_gutenberg_listeners();
    }

Line 129-134:

if (!is_classic_editor_active()) {
    	return wp.data.select("core/editor").isEditedPostDirty();
    } else {
    	return wp.autosave.server.postChanged();
    }

Line 231-239:

wp.autosave.server.triggerSave();
    	if (wp.data.select("core/editor").isEditedPostAutosaveable()) {
    		wp.data.dispatch("core/editor").autosave();
    	} else {
    		trigger_custom_autosave_event();
    	}
    }

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.