[SmartCrawl Pro] SmartCrawl Duplicates Site Title

SmartCrawl is duplicating my site title in site listings on search engines.

This appears to be a recent issue, and I am using version 2.2.4 of the plugin.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Casey,

I’m sorry to hear about those issue with our plugin.

Could you give me more information where (or which page of your site) I could see this issue?

I checked your site and I don’t see titles duplicated, I checked also google and there also everything looks fine.

kind regards,

Kasia

• Casey
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

The issue appears to be happening all over the site, on every single page. Most pages have titles that don't allow room to see the page title happening twice, but on shorter titles you can definitely see it.

This issue doesn't seem to be occurring on social media previews, just in search engines.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Casey,

I’m sorry for the delay on my side. I’ve checked settings of SmartCrawl and everything looks fine there. In all the previews titles are looking normal.

Can you confirm for sure that this issue was not present with an earlier version of the SmartCrawl and when you disable SmartCrawl site name is gone from the start and end of the title tag? Because from what I saw from settings of the page SmartCrawl should be adding site name only at the end of the title and something else is adding on the front of the title.

I have tested SmartCrawl with same Title& Meta tags you have on your site on my lab site and I can’t replicate duplicated site name.

kind regards,

Kasia

• Casey
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Deactivated plugin

Cleared site caches

Checked on Google with new browser, clean cookies, in private mode.

Still getting the double title.

Does this mean the problem is coming from somewhere else or would I have to wait to see those changes on Google?

• Jayman Pandya
    • Recruit

Hi Casey,

The Staff Support Access that was enabled earlier has expired. Can you please go ahead and re-enable it so that we can log in and have a closer look at the issue.

Please write back to this thread when you have re-enabled it as we do not get a notification of it.

Thank you

Jayman

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Casey,

Results in Google are cached so when you will disable the plugin and there will be change on your site, Google will still show the same titles because it was already indexed. It will need to index sites again in order to see changes.

I checked your site now, with SmartCrawl disabled, and it is another plugin (or maybe your theme) that is adding the name of your site at the start of the Title tag.

I can see the title of the post like that

<title>Modern Hiker | How You Can Help Rebuild Paramount Ranch After the Woolsey Fire</title>

so when you enabled SmartCrawl, it will add site name at the end of the Title, because it is configured this way.

So you can try to run a full conflict test as described in getting support manual E. Plugin Conflict Test

https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-2 and see what is adding site name now or enable SmartCrawl and remove %%sitename%% from the settings

so SmartCrawl will not be adding the site title at the end of the title.

But in both cases, you will need to make Google re-index your site to get refreshed result https://stackoverflow.com/a/15278642

kind regards,

Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.