[SmartCrawl Pro] SmartCrawl home page title to handle Extra theme's Category Layout as Homepa

I discovered that when SmartCrawl is active it doesn't properly interpret my homepage when using Elegant Themes' "Extra" theme. The page title when SmartCrawl is active always displays the latest post's title instead of "Home". Using the Extra theme the homepage isn't set to a static page or latest posts, instead it is set to "Extra Category Layout".

How can I modify SmartCrawl to accommodate the "Extra Category Layout" to be treated like a page instead of a post?

I've seen a few other threads about this but no resolution was provided.

• AtmoVantage
    • Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All

Thanks for pointing me in that direction. I tried adding the code to my child theme’s functions page but got the following fatal PHP error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method Smartcrawl_OnPage::get_resolver() in /var/web/site/public_html/wp-content/themes/Extra-child/functions.php:87 Stack trace: #0 /var/web/site/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): {closure}('Home') #1 /var/web/site/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(208): WP_Hook->apply_filters('Home', Array) #2 /var/web/site/public_html/wp-includes/general-template.php(1040): apply_filters('pre_get_documen...', '') #3 /var/web/site/public_html/wp-includes/general-template.php(1157): wp_get_document_title() #4 /var/web/site/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): _wp_render_title_tag('') #5 /var/web/site/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #6 /var/web/site/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #7 /var/web/site/public_html/wp-includes/general-template.php(2746): do_action('wp_head') #8 /var/web/site/public_html/wp-content/themes/Extra/header.php(33): wp_head() #9 /var/web/site/public_html/wp-inc in /var/web/site/public_html/wp-content/themes/Extra-child/functions.php on line 87

Does SmartCrawl still use the get_resolver() method?

The site is hosted on WPMU Dev’s servers, so if you need FTP access let me know.

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hey AtmoVantage

How are you today?

Wouldn’t you mind please, send us some information and we can give a closer look at this?

Note: Don’t leave your login details in this ticket.

Instead, you can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question:

Subject: "Attn: Patrick Freitas"

- Site login URL:

- WordPress admin username:
    - WordPress admin password:

Best Regards,

Patrick Freitas

• Tho Bui
    • Staff

Hello AtmoVantage,

I hope you’re well today!

Regarding your issue, I have prepared a custom snippet which you can use as a guide here :

https://gist.github.com/wpmudev-sls/43840a91b74e63fe4ddd4d1169953b99

You can download a zip, unzip it and upload file smartcrawl-add-support-seo-meta-for-extra-theme-layout.php to your wp-content/mu-plugins folder. If that folder doesn’t exist you can simply create it.

Please note, to avoid double or conflict with SmartCrawl function, this MU also disabled seo render meta functions (elegant_description, elegant_keywords, elegant_canonical, elegant_titles_filter) of Extra Theme and removed SEO tab from Extra Theme Options.

If you are not familiar with mu-plugins you can read about them here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/using-mu-plugins/

or you can paste it in your child theme’s functions.php file.

Kind regards,

Tho Bui

• AtmoVantage
    • Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All

Hi Tho Bui,

I added your custom snippet to my child theme’s functions.php file and confirm that it’s working beautifully! I can now change the SmartCrawl settings in the Extra theme layout and the SEO homepage title shows up exactly as I expect. Thanks so much for your work on this, much appreciated!

Best Regards,

Austin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.