[SmartCrawl Pro] Smartcrawl issue / Elementor Pro 2.0

After upgrading to Elementor Pro 2.0 I noticed that on the top of each of my pages, a code was entered and displayed. After some research, I noticed that this was (is) the Google Verification code used in the SmartCrawl plugin. Have also reported this to Elementor (https://github.com/pojome/elementor/issues/4158)

Rgds
Koen

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Destination Sud France

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I tested this on my end with "regular" Elementor but I couldn't replicate this so I assume it might be related to only Pro version which I don't have access to. However, before we go any further with this, I'd like to ask you to double check one more thing:

- while taking a look at your site, I noticed that 1) you got Hummingbird Page Cache enabled on site 2) there's only a verification tag code displayed - not the entire tag - and it's the same in source

- therefore, could you please go to "SmartCrawl -> Settings -> General Settings" page and make sure that in "Google Verification" option field there is a full verification tag given, not just the verification code? The tag should loook like

<meta name="google-site-verification" content="CODE_GOES_HERE" />

then go to the Hummingbird -> Dashboard page and use "Clear cache" button there to clear entire cache and check the site again.

If that doesn't help, we'll investigate it further. In that case, I would like to take a closer look at the site so please enable support access to it for me. To do so go to the "WPMU DEV -> Support" page in site's back-end, click on "Grant Support Access" button there and let me know here when it's active.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.