[SmartCrawl Pro] SmartCrawl meta box for Editors (role)

I have seen some old threads about this, but figured I'd start a more current one.

Is possible to give Editors access to the SmartCrawl meta box?

I already have Role Editor installed, but don't see any capabilities related to SmartCrawl.

• Nahid
    • Tech Support

Hey James !
    Hope you are having a great day!

If you are referring to having the SmartCrawl meta box open by default, unfortunately, that would not be possible out of the box. However, the following small custom Javascript workaround should serve the purpose:

add_action( 'admin_head', 'wds_metabox_open' );
    function wds_metabox_open() {
    	echo '<script>
    	 		(function($) {
    	  		        $( document ).ready(function() {
        	 	 	 	$( ".postbox-container #wds-wds-meta-box" ).removeClass( "closed" );
    	                });
    	        })( jQuery );
    		</script>';
    }

Please try adding the above snippet of code in your primary site's theme's (more preferably, child theme's) functions.php file. Alternatively, you can also add the code in a mu-plugin. That'll require you to paste the mentioned code in a PHP file that ends with the extension .php, e.g. "anyname.php". The mentioned code should have a "<?php" definition at the start of the file. This PHP file should be placed in {your root WordPress folder}/wp-content/mu-plugins (you'll need to create the folder named "mu-plugins" if it is not there already).

Hope this helps. Let us know if this works for you. Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Nahid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.