[SmartCrawl Pro] Smartcrawl PRO pulling wrong metadata

I noticed a very strange occurrence yesterday. The homepage of one of my clients` websites is pulling and overriding its metadata from the metadata of the first blog post I have on that same website – title, meta description, keywords and social.

When I try to rewrite and save, same thing happens again and I cannot seem to win the battle. This only happens on the home page.

The weird thing is that there is no particular event I can link that to like theme/plugin update. I am using DIVI theme and WPMU DEV plugins only.

Anyone encountered the same issue?

• Antonio
      • Flash Drive

Hi Ash,

Thank you for the quick reply. I have just enabled support access on my website.

To recreate the problem just go to ‘Home’ page and click on ‘EDIT META’ button and you will see how the SEO title and description would be pulled from the following post “Experience the magic of Christmas with the Brandon Hall Hotel” which is the first one in my posts page.

So, if you then click ‘Update’ it will save with the metadata pulled from that post and not what I have given it.

Thank you.

• Antonio
    • Flash Drive

Hi again,

Basically, I have found the culprit of my problem. The DIVI theme builder has a ‘Post slider’ module which I have used only on the home page for quick access to the posts. When this module is removed, Smartcrawl no longer pulls the metadata from a post and uses what you give it. When the post slider is then added back to the page, the problem comes back.

I am not sure what level of support you have for the DIVI theme but I think this is a Smartcrawl PRO issue as it is getting confused in some way when that post slider module is present on a page. I hope that your developers can recreate the issue and find a solution.

I am happy to contribute by pointing out issues that can be dealt with quickly.

• Ash
      • WordPress Hacker

Hello Antonio

Yes, you are right! This is really weird and I was able to replicate the issue. So, I am marking this as a bug and reporting to the developer. Hopefully, very soon the issue will be resolved and an update will be released. We appreciate your patience on this and thanks for a lot for helping to find the issue.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.