[SmartCrawl Pro] Website Issue after Smart Crawl Installation

I recently installed Smart Crawl and migrated my Yoast SEO over. After doing so, my website is not showing properly - the design looks compressed and now is showing a margin on each side instead of a full screen. Also, the words UA-116369978-1 are showing at the top left, the favicon has disappeared. Can you please help me out with this?

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Mindy,

It looks like there is a GA tracking code instead of Google Verification meta tag in General Settings.
    Can you open General Settings on SMARTCRAWL SETTINGS page and check what is in field "Google Verification"?

That field has to contain full meta tag code and nothing else. You will need to remove that GA code and replace it with proper meta tag

Can you tell me if that was imported from the Yoast in this form?

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Oguz

Hey Mindy ,

Hope you're well.

The full meta tag by Google Verification should be in Search Console of your Google account. You need to add a new property from unless you already add https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/home and from the verification methods you should choose Alternate Methods > HTML Tag;

Then copy and paste full meta tag to SmartCrawl input area. If your site already added to Search console you should click Manage Property > Add or remove users;

Then Manage Property Owners button;

Then try "Verify using a different method." button;

The design can be broken because of Hummingbird Asset Optimization feature. Can you try to deactivate that feature and clean any cache (including page caching) that you use to try again? To deactivate Asset Optimization you need to go Hummingbird > Assets Optimization page, click Settings and Deactivate;

If that deactivation solves your issue, then you need to check all your assets one by one, to discover which one causing this issue. Then you need to exclude that file from optimization.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Oguz

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.