SmartCrawl sends SEO Reports when not activated

I have turned off SEO Checkup Report for one of my sites but today I was emailed it again. It did say it could not connect to my site, but I thought it shows as deactivated.

  • Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

    Hello Amanda

    I hope you're fine today!

    I checked your site settings and that looks fine. Just in case, I have enabled the module in SmartCrawl, went to its settings and specifically disabled reporting there, then disabled the module back.

    I have also asked our developers for consultation on this and I'm waiting for their feedback so please keep an eye on this ticket and we'll update yiou here as soon as we hear back from them.

    Best regards,
    Adam

  • Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

    Hello Amanda

    I just talked to one of our developers involved in SmartCrawl and I wanted to ask you some additional questions, to clarify some thing for sure.

    - the last report is stated to be sent on January 20th and since you reported this one - is this the only one since Jan 20th that you got? Or were there others?

    - if there were - did you receive them rather "randomly" or they seemed to be "on schedule"?

    - have you been making any changes to the "Reports" setting in The Hub for that site some time around the report in questions - before and after it?

    Let me know, please.

    Kind regards,
    Adam

  • Amanda
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

    Hi Adam,

    Firstly I apologise for the delay in responding, been moving house.

    I experienced some issues with high CPU usage so I went through to turn off any current unnesscessary processes that were running.

    I turned off the SEO Crawl report via the WPMU Dashboard.

    I then received the report on 11th June, which triggered that it hadn't stopped.

    I received the following reports, which were appearing as scheduled:
    14/5
    21/5
    28/5
    4/6
    11/6

    The 14th May and 11th June both show errors: There was an error crawling *website*, we weren't able to get meaningful results

    The other reports worked fine.

    When I check the dashboard now it shows as not activate and the last report run as 11th June.

    I don't think I made any changes to reports close to theis time, only from when I initially set the reports up to last week going in to switch them off.

    Anything else you need from me? I'm assuming if I don't get one on the 18th June, then it should be cancelled okay now. I just want to double check nothing is running in the background that shouldn't be and I don't know about.

    Thanks
    Amanda

  • Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

    Hi Amanda

    Thank you for response!

    Yes, I think if you don't get the next report on 18th this can be considered as solved so let's wait and see.

    I think that what happened was that some sort of a "one time glitch" occurred that resulted in these reports not actually being properly disabled. You mentioned that you were experiencing some high CPU loads and that might result in unexpected API connectivity issues.

    When I was checking your site I actually logged in to the site itself, enabled entire SEO Checkup module back on SmartCrawl and noticed that the reports option is showing up as enabled there. I have specifically disabled it there on site, in SmartCrawl settigns, then again switched SEO Checkup off so I hope this actually sent a proper API request to The Hub, cancelling these reports (it's The Hub that sends the reports - SmartCrawl settings only act as a "control panel" for it).

    Let's then wait a day or better two and see. I think that you shouldn't get any more reports and if you don't, I believe that did the trick :slight_smile:

    Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.