SmartCrawl - SEO Checkup seems to be stuck

SEO Checkup in SmartCrawl appears to be "stuck" on previous scan's results. Every time I try to run a fresh scan to see improvments after adjusting settings, the checkup scan starts immediately at 100% and shows the same results as before.

For example, I have added a robots.txt file with the sitemap.xml URL in it to action the Robots.txt recommendation in SmartCrawl, but a fresh SEO Checkup scan still does not reflect that.

All caches have been cleared before each attempt ata fresh scan, and plugin conflict test performed twice.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Mike

I hope you're well today!

I checked the site and also check how this scan looks from our end. I'm getting "mixed results" as upon re-checking status and re-crawling the site it says sometimes the scan was "never run" and sometimes that it "timed out".

That, together with a fact that site's hosted on SiteGround with their caching enabled, suggests that this is most likely a problem of caching (HB Page Cache and Asset Optimization used together with SiteGround's all server-side caches do not always play well together) and connectivity issues. This might be related to some aspects of server configuration but I'd like to do some more tests and for this I could use a direct access to cPanel in addition to FTP and site access - it would let me also check caching settings and check the database.

i know that you have provided FTP during the chat but would you please also provide direct site access credentials (a support access is fine but in case I'd had to disable WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin temporarily I would be cut off) and cPanel access?

Note: Don't leave your login details in this ticket.
    Instead, you can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:

Subject: "Attn: Adam Czajczyk"
    - Site login URL
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel credentials (host/username/password)
    - Folder path to site in question
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls/info

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Mike

Thank you for your message, I received all the credentials and was able to access both site and server.

I did some more testing on it but, I'm afraid, to no success so far. I'll need some help from our developers in this case so I have forwarded the case to them along with all my test results and findings and they'll look into it.

Please keep an eye on this ticket and I or one of my colleagues will update your here as soon as we get to know more about the case from out developers.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Konstantinos Xenos
    • Rubber Duck Debugger

Hi Mike ,

Sorry for the late reply, I've been running some tests on your site but it seems there's an issue on our end at the moment.

I've lifted this ticket up for our Developers to take a look for a final rundown & fix. Please have a little patience as their reply times vary due to the complexity of the issues.

Regards,
    Konstantinos

• Konstantinos Xenos
    • Rubber Duck Debugger

Hey Mike ,

We've made some changes as well but to tell you the truth we didn't see anything weird going on. Yes the data look exactly the same whenever you request a checkup but your site is actually contacting & 'receiving' our API findings for your page. So maybe this is a misunderstanding if the response is the same maybe? So it seems like it's not getting updated.

In any case could you please make some changes attempting to fix any of the suggestions and run another check again to see if that goes well now ?

Regards,
    Konstantinos

• Mike
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I’m not really sure I follow -

I’ve rerun the crawl -and it’s reporting the same results.

Please explain:
    So maybe this is a misunderstanding if the response is the same maybe? So it seems like it's not getting updated.
    In any case could you please make some changes attempting to fix any of the suggestions and run another check again to see if that goes well now ?

Thx,

Mike

• Mike
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Greetings -

Any word? I really need to get the site site back up and running - we have some important updates we've been holding off on since the issue arose in October and we need to add. Would it be worth switching to Yoast or another SEO plugin for a while to see if that resolves the issue somehow?

I know SEO is a complex issue - but I have noticed my ranking have dipped quite a bit in the last few weeks - from page 3 to page 10.

Please advise - really hoping to get resolution soon.

thx again for the support,

Best -

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Mike

I'm sorry for keeping you waiting and I realize that it's an urgent issue. I just checked with our developers and they're looking into it on our end too. It's really a complex issue so they need to "dive" really deep into it.

We'll be updating you here as soon as they get to know more. I'd appreciate some more patience on this. I realize how important it is to you so we'll keep you informed when we got any feedback from out developers on this.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Mike
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Adam,

Just checking back - I know we're still waiting - but wanted to see if you had any additional news. It's going on a month without updating my site - getting a little panicked. Should I use a different SEO tool until the issue is resolved? I'm afraid I'm losing page authority ...thoughts?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Mike

I apologize for keeping you waiting. The issue is a bit, to say at least, unusual and we're know inspecting things on our end. Our developers are testing/checking the part of our API that might be affecting this. I realize that the issue is already lasting quite long and I'm sorry for this. I believe our devs will be able to get to the core of it soon.

However, the score that you're getting shouldn't affect the way the site is positioned in search results. It's informational and points out possible improvements to the site. Still tho, if you got content and sitemap and all the meta tags/internal linking etc that got you to a certain position, the problem with test tool itself shouldn't affect that.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Mike,

It seems that somewhere in our DB there was another domain of your registered with www and that was messing up with the results, it has been removed now by our sysadmins and the scan should be working fine again.
    Please do another test and let us know if everything is in order now.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.