SmartCrawl SEO inacuracies

I am seeing inacuracies in SmartCrawl SEO
Here are some of them

SEO recommendations:
No images found - nonsense !
Content is shorter than 300 words - nonsense, it is almost 500
No internal or external links - nonsense, every page on the website has a menu which is part of a global header

There are others - please advise.

• joe

Have there been any developments on this problem?

I am very disappointed with this plugin as it is making basic errors that can have little to do with the theme.

When Smartcrawl declares "there are no keywords in the first paragragh" and the first word is a keyword it is obvious there is something wrong.

This is causing many hours of wasted time and effort and should be fixed urgently. Basic errors like this make the plugin a massive negative instead of an aid to optimisation

Please advise.

• joe

I upgraded yesterday but it has made no discernible difference

Smartcrawl continually declaring there are no internal or external links is simply ridiculous when there is a visible menu in the header of every page

Smartcrawl makes other stupid declarations such as no keywords in first paragraph when there are obviously keywords present

Perhaps Smartcrawl terminology is wrong, ie, the definition of keywords - could it actually mean focus keywords?
    If that is so, why does it not say that?

Please advise as this plugin sucks up time and wasted effort relentlessly

• James Morris

Hello joe,

1) SEO analysis will not process anything that gets rendered via shortcodes, or anywhere else on the page except the post body. Verbatim, shortcode-less post body only.

2) "visible menu in the header of every page" - that's not post content ???? So that doesn't enter equation one way or another. Again, post SEO analysis analyzes post body content.

3) "could it actually mean focus keywords" - yes, it actually means focus keywords.

4) "this plugin sucks up time and wasted effort relentlessly" - SEO analysis is optional and like .1% of what the plugin does ????

I hope this clarifies a bit.

Best regards,

James Morris

• joe

Thank you for your reply

1/ I am not using shortcodes

2/ I was perhaps unclear here - the menu links appear between the <body> tags in html along with post content . By header I meant the humanly visible top part of a page

3/ For the sake of clarity, if the plugin means focus keywords perhaps that what it should say

4/ Incorrect analysis leads to wasted time whether or not it is optional

I reasonably expect plugins to function correctly although I understand the complexities involved and allow a little leeway for bugs to be corrected.

Please advise

• James Morris

Hello joe

1/ I am not using shortcodes

OK. Great! :slight_smile:

2/ I was perhaps unclear here - the menu links appear between the <body> tags in html along with post content . By header I meant the humanly visible top part of a page

The SmartCrawl content analysis only scans content output by the_content() function in WordPress. So, navigation elements (menus), sidebars and regions output by plugins that do not use the_content() function, will not be analyzed.

3/ For the sake of clarity, if the plugin means focus keywords perhaps that what it should say

I've brought this up with our team and they will be doing a UX review very soon. This will be addressed then. :slight_smile:

4/ Incorrect analysis leads to wasted time whether or not it is optional

Totally understandable. Our team has reviewed this ticket and have noted your feedback for future versions. This is the first version of this feature and development is quite active on it. So, please hang with us as we improve this. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your feedback!

Best regards,

James Morris

• joe

I have more instances of Smartcrawl declaring "no images found"

There are images inserted directly in the body of content from the media library, but not-so-smartcrawl can't see them.

My patience is wearing thin with this plugin and the seeming lack of interest from the developers not fixing the problems.

Can anyone give me a good reason why I should not dump my long term loyalty to WPMU and spend my money with developers who provide products that actually work without endless feedback from customers that is seemingly ignored

• James Morris

Hello joe,

I'm terribly sorry for the delays and any trouble this has caused you.

I've pointed out your concerns and issues to our Dev Team. They have confirmed them and are actively working on a hotfix release. While I cannot give an exact ETA on when this will be released, I can state that they are working on this as a high priority and will get the hotfix out as soon as possible.

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris

Hello joe

SmartCrawl 2.2.x includes numerous fixes. I've checked the task associated to this ticket and all subtasks were marked as complete. Can you please check with the latest version and let us know if there's still issues present. If there are, please let us know what issues you are still seeing and provide access so we can look into these issues further for you.

NOTE: Please make a full backup of your site before sending the following information.

Please visit the Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Option: I have a different Question

Subject: "Attn: James Morris"

In the Message box, please provide the following:

- link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- Hosting Control Panel Login
    Admin username