Smartcrawl title/desc can be saved in CoursePress Pro?

Hi,

I am working with CoursePress Pro ( a sufolder multisite installation) and are using SmartCrawl for all the SEO stuff.

I want to SmartCrawl title and description of two courses and the setting is there at the bottom of the Course Setup screen. However when changing the SEO and saving/updating, nothing happens to the SmartCrawl sample and when going to another page and back, the old SEO stuff is still there?

I would also like to SmartCrawl the Course List page (All Courses). How do i do that?

The site is open for access!

Cheers

Acke

• Sajid

Hello Acke | iDeSystem.com,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I could not replicate this issue on your site. I updated the SEO title and Description Förberedelse - Pedagogik i Hässleholm 170509 course and it got updated.

Please note that, since CoursePress save changes step by step and via AJAX, so you have to keep saving changes by going from one step to another and util it refresh the page on update.

Also, I see you have not completed the Smart Crawl setup process yet. Once you have configured it on Network Dashboard, you have to add following constant in wp-config.php file.
    define( 'WDS_SITEWIDE', false );

Make sure you add it before the following line in the wp-config.php file:
    /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Once you will add this in wp-config.php file, save and upload to your server. You will see a SmartCrawl menu under you subsite dashboard. Now go to SubSite Dashboard -> SmartCrawl -> Title & Meta -> CoursePress Pro and configure SEO title, description here.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• Acke | ideSystem.com

Hi Sajid,

thanks for the info, very useful! I did manage to save the SEO on the courses - that issue is solved!

However, some strange things happened when adding
    define( 'WDS_SITEWIDE', false );
    to the wp-config.php file.

1. Indeed got the SmartCrawl menu on the subsite (but not the Title/Description submenu item)?
    2. The SmartCrawl sections at the bottom of the Course page in CoursePress Pro dissapeared?

Did a search in the Support forum and read about a similar issue here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/smartcrawl-multisite-settings-does-not-work-on-subsites

Please add the Course SmartCrawl issue as weel to the Developer 's fix and keep me psoted on any progress. For now I will remove define( 'WDS_SITEWIDE', false ); from the wp-config file.

Cheers

Acke

• Sajid

Hello Acke | iDeSystem.com,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

1. Indeed got the SmartCrawl menu on the subsite (but not the Title/Description submenu item)?

I can't replicate this issue on my own site. The Title and Meta submenu does show up on a subsite when activated network wide (see screenshot).

Please make sure you have enabled these pages from Network Dashboard -> Smart Crawl -> Settings -> Site Owner Permissions.

2. The SmartCrawl sections at the bottom of the Course page in CoursePress Pro dissapeared?

I could not replicate this issue on my own test site either.

However, it appears you have not configured it correctly. You have to select Site Admin (and Up) can see the meta box from Network Dashboard -> Smart Crawl -> Settings -> Show Meta Boxes to users.

Please do this and let us know in case you need further assistance.

And, yes we could replicate the issue of site map and other submenu not coming up on subsite admin. As you know, our developers are aware of it, it will soon be fixed and we will release a new version.

Thanks and have a nice day ahead :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• Sajid

Hello Acke | iDeSystem.com :slight_smile:

That seems the label of Site Admin is different on your site than mine. May be because of language selection. Any way, for your site it is Administration (and up).

If you still need help with this issue then please enable support staff access too so I could have a closer look.

To grant access go to Dashboard -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access -> Grant Support Access or see this manual for more details regarding how to enable support staff access.

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support