SmartCrawl URL redirect not working

I have a problem with redirections. I just added 2 and it doesn’t work. I need a fix for this.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Zbyszek Zalewski

I hope you’re well today!

I checked the site and I believe there’s “something” conflicting there with the redirect “engine”. Most likely, that’d be some server-side issue (“server-side” as in either something related to server configuration or, for example, some rules in .htaccess) but I’m not entirely sure yet.

I’d like to take a closer look at the setup and to do this, I’d need direct access. Would you be able to provide me with credentials?

Note: Don’t leave your login details in this ticket.

Instead, you can send me your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:

Subject: “Attn: Adam Czajczyk

– Site login URL

– WordPress admin username

– WordPress admin password

– FTP credentials (host/username/password)

– cPanel credentials (host/username/password) <- might be very handy if available

– Folder path to site in question

– Link back to this thread for reference

– Any other relevant urls/info

Best regards,

Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Zbyszek Zalewski

I received your message, thank you.

I did some more tests and I did find a rule in .htaccess that sets “fixed redirect” from “kiel…-towarzyskiego.php” to “/o-nas” page. This rule shouldn’t be there if redirects are set in SmartCrawl because it would “overpower’ them.

However, this particular issue is also affected by something else. Apparently there’s a bug in the plugin that breaks these redirects if redirect URLs (not target but source) contain some query strings (URL parameters).

I admit I wasn’t aware of that and it seems there were no reports on this so far either. This will, I’m afraid need to be addressed by developers so I’ve already reported it to them as a bug and they’ll look for the fix.

Please keep the plugin up to date.

Best regards,

Adam

• Zbyszek Zalewski
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks a lot Adam.

This redirection was made by lh.pl.

Before I ask WPMU for help I tried to fix it with hosting provider.

So I’m looking forward next update SmartCrawl because my client lost a lot of visitors from Google which still keep old links.

Best regards!

Zbyszek Z.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Zbyszek Zalewski

The issue is already reported to developers as a bug but I must honestly say that I cannot promise that the fix will be included in the nearest update. It’s been reported just yesterday and they need to test it to find out why it’s not working and how to fix it, as well as deal with a list of other tasks.

We’ll do everything to fix that as soon as possible but you might want to go for some alternative solution meanwhile and I think this plugin should do the trick:

https://pl.wordpress.org/plugins/redirection/

I just tested it on my own site and it seems to deal with that kind of URLs (that include query strings/parameters) just fine.

Best regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.