SmartCrawl WPML sitemaps

Looking for a solution to make SmartCrawl to include the language directories ( /de, /en) created via WPML in the sitemap.

At the moment, the sitemap is only including the pages as:
site.com
site.com/de/page1
site.com/de/page2
site.com/en/page1

etc

It' isn't adding the root language URL as:
site.com/de/
site.com/en/

This behaviour is causing issue with Google. Please advise what could be done to correct this, if it's a bug, would appreciate a quick code snippet, or any hooks/filters to manually add these URLs into the sitemap file.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Didier

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I checked that on my test setup and you're right: the homepage is not included for language versions, while other URLs are. I think it's a slight "incompatibility glitch" (especially that if there's a language switcher added those links should be followed as well) so I've reported it to our developers as a bug already.

They'll look into it and a fix should be included in one of the upcoming releases of SmartCrawl (though please note that I'm not able to give you an ETA and I'm not sure if it will be the nearest release or one of the following).

Fortunately, there's quick and easy workaround for this: you can add these missing URLs (as well as any other, even non-existing ones!) to the sitemap manually. To do this:

- go to "SmartCrawl -> Sitemap" page -> "Sitemap" tab
    - scroll it down to the Extra URLs section
    - put your missing URLs in the text box for that option there and save settings.

There's even no need to update/regenerate sitemap as those URLs would be added to it instantly.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.