Smartphone Crawl Errors in GWT (bbPress related)

In Google Webmaster Tools I get this message:

Dear webmaster of http://www.oreille-malade.com/,
When your site was crawled by Googlebot for smartphones, we detected a significant increase in the number of URLs that return an HTTP 404 (page not found) errors. These errors may prevent Google from showing content on those pages in search results for smartphones. While it's not necessary to fix these issues, your smartphone users will be happier if they don't land on an error page.

Error pages are like this one:
/forum/reponse/91725/feed
(91725 or any number of course)

These are bbPress pages. "reponse" is the slug for "answer".
I don't think I changed anything about this recently.

Any idea?
Best Regards

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @Arom77, I hope you're well today!

Could you please go from your dashboard to Settings => Permalinks and save the options there? This will force-regenerate all URLs and hopefully resolve this.

Do you have any mobile-specific plugins on your site such as for example a plugin to redirect mobile users to m.domain.com or apply a custom theme etc?

Please advise,
    Ari.

• Arom77
    • Froggy

Hello @aristath
    No I don't use such plugins.
    On this particular site re-saving permalinks scareds me because last time I dit it (a long time ago) it brokes my whole site. I've got a backup for sure but... Is there any other idea? I'd be so relieved to avoid doing that :wink:

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello again @Arom77,

I'm afraid I can't think of anything safer than saving your permalinks... And we can't move on to further debugging this unless we're first absolutely certain that this is not the problem because if it is and we don't test it no matter what we do we won't be able to resolve this!

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.