Smash Pro and Wordpress optimization

By advise of the chat support I request help. Fetching the smashed images is taking ages. I have reduced the nr of items and reducing the image size of my products. Instead of getting faster is going slower and slower.
Today I had an 500 internal server error and it was corrected by eukhost. However they say that I need to optimize my website.
I have granted access to my website so someone can see what is going on and help me out.
Thanks
Teresa

• Vaughan

Hi Teresa,

Hope you're well?

Smush Pro can only compress so much, From the looks of it, it has completed the smush and your images have been fetched so smush pro has done what it can.

You could try increasing your memory_limit from 128mb to 256mb

Try adding the following to your wp-config.php

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

you do have a lot of plugins installed, multiple slider plugins, google analaytics & woocommerce google analytics as well as 2 page builder plugins and visual composer.

All these are heavy on javascript which will affect the performance of your site.

You should only need 1 page builder & 1 google analytics plugin.

You can try a lazy loading plugin which might help a bit.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/rocket-lazy-load/

https://wordpress.org/plugins/bj-lazy-load/

Hope this helps

• Teresa

Hi Vaughan,

Immediately after asking the question I realised that I had the Smush It plugin installed together with the pro. After deleting that plugin - immediately fetching started moving ok.
    Thank you for your suggestions and I have deleted the duplicate plugins in order to have a better performance.
    Regarding the memory increase, could you please help me out in how to do it.
    I am not a developer.
    In your opinion what is the best plugin google analaytics or woocommerce google analytics?

I also have the information that some of woo commerce are outdated. Is there any tutorial ( for beginners) as to how I can update them?

I have also realised the importance of SEO and have installed that and currently working on it - However I always have the same error - not enough text. As being a shop and since this page is for a product I do not much more to say apart from the items details. Any suggestion?

Just to finish out out how can I change the following text.
    Thanks
    Teresa

• aristath

Hello there @Teresa, I hope you're well today!

Regarding the memory increase, could you please help me out in how to do it.
    I am not a developer.

As mentioned in the post above, you can add this line in your wp-config.php file:
    define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
    More information about that can be found here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

In your opinion what is the best plugin google analaytics or woocommerce google analytics?

You can try using our Google Analytics+ plugin: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/google-analytics-for-wordpress-mu-sitewide-and-single-blog-solution/

I also have the information that some of woo commerce are outdated. Is there any tutorial ( for beginners) as to how I can update them?

I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you mean here... You mean some of your WooCommerce plugins? Are they free or premium plugins? If they are free plugins then you can update them by going to domain.com/wp-admin/update-core.php
    If they are premium plugins then it depends on the plugin... Some include an updater and can be updated using the same method as the free plugins. If they do not include an updater then you will have to contact the plugin developer and ask for an updated version.

I have also realised the importance of SEO and have installed that and currently working on it - However I always have the same error - not enough text. As being a shop and since this page is for a product I do not much more to say apart from the items details. Any suggestion?

Not really... You can simply add some more promotional details about your product, something that will make your clients want to click on it when they see it on their google results while searching.

Just to finish out out how can I change the following text.

Google may take a few days to update its search results text with the one you entered in your SEO plugin. Please be a little patient... It should change shortly. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.