Smush can't optimize more than 2000 image in a single attempt

I've Smush pro version and wondering to smush all of the images of my site. But Smush can't smush over 2000 image in single attempt. I've 20000 plus image.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello JP

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I checked your site but I must say I had some troubles dong that as from time to time back-end was becoming pretty unresponsive. Did you encounter this too or it's always working fine for you?

I also noticed a lot of "Fatal Error: Allowed memory XXXX exhausted" errors in logs meaning that the site is trying to use up more PHP memory than it's allowed to and quite a bit of "not 200 status response" from WPMU DEV API.

I think that's all related as bulk optimization takes a lot of requests and if there's also a heavy traffic on site and other tasks running and the memory error happens, the process might stop. However, since this seems to be a huge live (production) site I didn't take any risk to make any changes or do any tests on it whatsoever.

I see that you're hosting with WPEngine and they provide a "one click staging" site creation so would that be possible that you'd create a staging site and provide us with full access to it? On such staging site we could safely perform all the tests needed to troubleshoot and fix that so I would include our developers in the case and they'd investigate the case.

If that's possible, please create such site and provide me with direct access credentials to it.

Note: Don't leave your login details in this ticket.
    Instead, you can send me your staging site details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:

Subject: "Attn: Adam Czajczyk"
    - Site login URL
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel credentials (host/username/password)
    - Folder path to site in question
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls/info

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.