Smush changes image color

Some image tone changes to a green after Smush compression.
Original image: Please see Bankhead_Spring_original
After compression: Please see Bankhead_Spring_smushed

• Katya Tsihotska
    • Support & QA

Hi arshan

Hope you're having a wonderful day!

Thank you for reporting this. I will pass this to our developers, so they will dig deeper into the issue and check why this happens.

Please keep in mind, our developers work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to check this and release a fix. I appreciate your patience!

Kind regards,
    Katya

• Umesh Kumar
    • Code Wrangler

Hey arshan,

Sorry for the delay, I did ran tests earlier but wasn't able to figure out the reason and then I wasn't around for couple of days. A team member helped me out to figure this out quickly.

So for some reason the images are encoded in a different manner, and because of that after optimising the images appear a bit less saturated. So if you're saving these images in photoshop, make sure to export in sRGB colorspace for proper optimisation.

Other way around is to enable "Preserve my image EXIF data" option, which would preserve all the image EXIF data related to color profile as well as any other information, but that would reduce the savings. For e.g: the example image you gave, with "Preserve my image EXIF data" enabled the optimised image was 20 KB bigger in size but the colors were proper.

Let me know if you need further help with this.

Thanks, Umesh

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.