Smush conflict with Edge CPT

Edge CPT is a plugin from my theme to add all post types needed, but when smush is enabled, I can see the Visual composer editor on the pages.
Also, its shown a JS error on the browser console:

TypeError: $(...).wpColorPicker is not a function on edgtf-ui.js

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Philipp Ludwig

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I checked your site and the chat and I can see the VC behavior with WP Smush enabled there, as well as the error in browser console (that error seems to be strictly related).

I did, however, run a test by setting up a temporary local site based on your theme (with those required plugins), and couldn't replicate that. The JS script that's generating error definitely comes from the theme and seems to be related to "skins" - but that I couldn't find anywhere in the settings.

Yet, I tend to think that this is something rather specific rather than a "general conflict" here so in order to solve that we need to pinpoint that specific "issue" - which is most likely either some setting that I'm still missing or some custom code.

That said, the only significant differences between the test setup that I created and your site are WP memory amount and PHP version (the first one I changed on your site so it's good enough now). Is it possible for you to switch PHP version to a newer one - preferably 7.x?

The error is JS error so "in theory" it shouldn't depend on PHP but there's too many "relationships" there (e.g. the way scripts are loaded, some PHP codes that might affect the way JS works etc) to ignore that so it would be great if we could start with that. Could you please check with your host if you can update it and if so, do it and let me know if that changed anything?

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Philipp Ludwig

Thank you for your response!

I checked the site and can confirm that PHP is now 7.0.29. Knowing that, I have enabled WP Smush again and went on to check the page editing and... it's working fine now :slight_smile: There's no longer JS error in the console and the Visual Composer editor loads and works.

Please double check it (I left WP Smush enabled on site) to make sure but I think that solved the problem :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam