Smush does not optimize my images in the website

Hi,

I have smushed all the images but they are still delivered as the full size. I am wondering how to optimize the images and use the optimized version as a featured image of the page or post.

Thanks

• Rupok

Hi JORGE,

Thanks for asking. When you bulk smush your images, Smush replaces all your images with the optimized versions. And if you want to save a copy of the original files, then you can turn on "Make a copy of my original images" by going to "Dashboard > Media > WP Smush" page.

As I was saying, Smush replaces all your images with the optimized version. So after smushing all images on your site, you don't need to do anything extra for setting the optimized version for featured image and other options because all images in your library are already smushed.

When you said "they are still delivered as the full size", did you mean that they are being called in full dimension? For example, you upload a 3000 X 4000 px image and that full dimension image is being shown on front-end for thumbnails and other places? In that case, can you please enable the "Resize original images" option in Smush settings and set the maximum height and width? Smush will automatically resize those images.

Please let us know if I'm still missing any point here. We will be glad to assist further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.