smush doesn't optimise all generated image instances

Hi,

I have signed up for the trial wondering if there is any significant difference between the free and paid smush plugin. I do have the trial version activated... though the plugin does NOT optimise all the different sized variations of the images I upload. I paste my url into google page speed... than dl the images that need to be optimised and end up cleaning them up manually and uploading them to the server respectively... obviously that workflow is a total pain.. . hence I was hoping that the plugin could/would help but so far it didn't. Is there anything you could recommend as to how to go about that at all?

kind regards,
Chris

• Nithin

Hi chris,

I checked your website in Google Page speed, but it seems like you have passed the Optimize images rule in Google Page speed, so I wasn't able to check what exact issue that was showing in Google Page Speed.

At the moment, WP Smush Pro will not automatically resize images according to your themes content width, you'll have to enable the Resize original images, and define the width, and height so that the image will be uploaded according to that. You can find the option located under Media > WP Smush

Other than the mentioned condition as stated above, the plugin should automatically optimize images with different sizes. If you meant something else, please do advise what I'm missing, so that we could give a better idea about it. Have a nice weekend.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin