Smush folder not deleting

I installed the WP Smush plugin last week. Now when I try to upload photos they severely lose quality. I deactivated AND Deleted the plugin thinking that was causing the problem. Then decided to reinstall it to see if that was the problem. Now it won't let me re-install it because it says the folder still exists on my site.
I was using the free version. Neither one shows up in my dashboard now for me to uninstall. How do I make sure they are both completely removed and not affecting my images being smushed down?

• Nastia

Hello Laura , I hope you are doing well!

Please delete manually the Smush plugin's folder from your plugin's directory.

Access your site's files via cPanel or via FTP File Manager, navigate to wp-content/plugins locate wp-smush-pro folder and delete it.

If you still have the Lite version of the plugin installed, check for wp-smushit folder and delete it as well.

After this, please try to re-install the Pro version of the plugin via WPMU DEV Dashboard.plugin

If you need assistance deleting the folders manually, please send me your FTP credentials so I could do it for you.

ou can send credentials by using our secure contact form http://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Subject: “Attn: Nastia”
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - Login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls

Select “I have a different question” for your topic - this and the subject line to ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.