Smush images compression

Hi,
I have a Smush pro plan for a few months now, and I noticed that when checking my website's score via Google PageSpeed Insight, it's very low due to the "Optimize images" section.
I saw that most images in the list are ones that their original size is bigger than it should be.
Do I need to go over each one of the images and change their size? or is Smush plugin taking care of it?
if it does take care of it, it seems like Google doesn't see the change....

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Rami

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Rami,

Smush at the moment doesn't fix the problem with images that are too big for their containers. However, it has an option that will show you which images on the page are too big in their wrappers:

Detect and show incorrectly sized images

However, I checked your site and from what I see problem is that Google Insights are saying that images need compressing - and if those images are in original size used on the page, then you need to enable the option "Smush my original full-size images"

This option is not enabled on your site right now.

Another thing in Page Speed is that some of the images are not from Media Library. To Smush them, you will need to use Directory Smush:

I also noticed on your site, that you have an outdated Smush version. The current version of Smush Pro is 2.9.1 when on your site it's 2.7.8.
    I suggest disabling WP Smush you have now active and then from WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin install Pro version that has latest features.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.