Smush is breaking my site

Is there a known issue with the latest Smush? It's breaking my site. I did the ol' Plugin Process of Elimination and Smush is to blame.

What I was seeing was my site logo disappeared and the content on posts was pushed down on the page. The height of the pages was very tall with lots of white space.

• John Swaringen
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Are you hosting here on WPMU hosting? If you are on a dedicated WordPress host like WPEngine, or Liquid Web you may be having trouble with their own caching and image things. Are you using Cloudflare or another CDN. The configuration might be wrong. Or you need to flush that cache too.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

HI Gunderstorm,

There aren't any issues reported in general with the latest version of Smush Pro. We'll need to go through the dashboard to have a better idea about what all settings are configured etc

It seems like support access to your website is not enabled, could you please grant support staff access so that we could give a closer look.

You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Please let us know once you enable access so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Gunderstorm,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Thanks for enabling support access, I checked your website, and I could notice Smush Pro was disabled. I went ahead, and enabled the plugin, and could notice the homepage was working fine.

Then enabled Smush CDN, and was able to notice the issue with Homepage not loading, and was with white spaces. On further troubleshooting, the issue seems more related to one of the settings on the theme side.

Once I disabled the "Disable image script globally" option in the theme option, under Themify Ultra > Themify Settings > Settings > Image Script
    , Smush CDN seems to work fine.

Other than that I wasn't able to notice any other anomalies on your website. I have kept the Smush CDN disabled in case there are any other pages having issues.

Please do activate the Smush CDN, and then check whether you still notice any further issues, so that we could check further if needed.

Have a great day ahead.

Best Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.