Smush issue. It made all images low res

I've removed smush and even then it is not letting me upload high res images. Please help me!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Alex

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The Smush plugin would not "block" uploading of hi-res images. It might, depending on its configuration, process them upon upload - performing image compression and, optionally, resizing - but wouldn't block upload process itself.

Furthermore, once it's removed all the already optimized images will stay optimized but it has no way of interact with any further uploading/newly added images. That leads me to thinking that it might be some different issue.

Could you please tell me exactly what happens when you try to upload such image: are there any error messages, does the image get cropped or scaled down? How big are images (both in terms of file size and image dimensions in pixels) that you're trying to upload?

I've also noticed that you currently have no sites registered with your WPMU DEV account. Would you please add the site in question to The Hub?

To do so, make sure that WPMU DEV Dashboard plugins is installed and enabled on the site and log it in into your WPMU DEV account using the same login and password that you're using to access this support. This would connect the site.

Once that's done, I would like to take a closer look at the site so please go to the "WPMU DEV -> Support" page in your site's back-end and click on "Grant support access" button to enable support access which will let me safely check site configuration.

Please answer my questions here and let me know once the access is granted and I'll be happy to assist you with the issue.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.