Smush it just hangs and nothing happens

Can you please help me, I've installed the plugin and when i go to use it it just hangs, It generally gets one image done but nothing happens.

I left it overnight and only one image was done.

I have deactivated my cloudflare cdn and also deactivated all plugins on my site, and it still does the same thing

can you please help me as this is very frustrating.

THankyou

Jason

• Tyler Postle

Hey Jason,

Thanks for your reply.

I just checked yours and I can see that the smush request processes slow, then eventually has a 504 gateway timeout, which points to a server side issue.

A conflicting plugin could also cause the issue. I tried temporarily deactivating a few of the obvious choices, like W3TC and iThemes Security, but neither of those seemed to fix it(I've reactivated both now).

Wasn't sure if you would mind me doing a full plugin conflict test or not. If not, do you mind doing one? Deactivating all other plugins. If you would like me too then can you send in your FTP to me as well, that way I can do it through FTP and also debug further as well.

Send that info through our private contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

**Since you have already granted support access you don't need to send in the wp-admin :slight_smile: if you do, then it just saves us from asking you to re-grant the access if needed.

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.