Smush it Pro, keeps asking to upgrade

Hi,

I've just downloaded Smush It Pro & installed it but it keeps asking me to upgrade to pro. I had standard Smush it installed & then added the "pro" version but it won't open the features & prompts me to upgrade still, which just brings me to the download page again.

Do I have to register somewhere to use it?

Thanks for your time on this,
Luke

• James Morris

Hello luke,

When I checked your registered sites, I'm not seeing anything listed. Have you installed the WPMU DEV Dashboard?

Also, did you delete your old Smush plugin files before you added Smush Pro?

In general, it's best to go ahead and install the WPMU DEV Dashboard and install WPMU DEV Plugins through that interface. It will ensure you have what you need for your plugins to work as well as give you valuable information about your site and provide us a way to access your site and assist you, if you grant access. Another benefit is it will enable you to use our Hub.

I hope this clarifies things a bit. Let us know if you have any further questions. We'll be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

• luke

Hi James

Thanks for your reply,

I had deleted the standard plugin yes & just had the pro version.

I don't have the Dashboard installed no, I have tried that & don't feel it is right for my setup. We provide maintenance for our clients & so are on top of updating & don't need an extra plugin to prompt us.

I actually spent some time this morning trying to remove the prompt to install the dashboard which is very intrusive. When we provide maintenance for people & say "your site is up to date & all good" & then they login to a large blue prompt to install something, they don't know the difference & it doesn't reflect on us well.

It would be great if this was more easily removed, especially as we pay for the plugins we use. I removed it with some backend CSS in the end.

I might install & uninstall the dashboard to see if it rectifies it.

Thanks,
    Luke

• James Morris

Hello luke,

I hope you are well today.

I just wanted to follow up with you real quick and make sure you were able to get the Smush Pro features working.

Also, I did a bit of digging around. If you want to use our premium plugins without using the DEV Dashboard, you can add the following to your wp-config.php file to ensure all plugins are properly authenticated.

define( 'WPMUDEV_APIKEY', 'YOUR-API-KEY');

Let us know if you have any further questions. We'll be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.