With the Smush plugin I do a bulk Smush and it says all the images are Smushed. But then if I come back to the Smush page on a later day or click Recheck images it always says I have images that need to be Smushed again. I do that but after a recheck it says they need to be smushed again:

"you have 26 images that need re-compressing!"

No errors in the debug log! FTP credentials already sent

• Swapnil

Hello John,

Hope you are doing well,

The issue you are facing is known issue with Resizing settings being kept on, images are resized only if there are any savings, else it is kept intact we are working on it to make it more clear.

So in some cases like this one, few images do not have any savings if they are resized to dimensions specified in Smush settings, and when you run a re-check, the plugin thinks that those images are not resized, and hence shows you in the re-smush list.

But the good news is, it's not a problem with actual smush it the reporting mechanism that still finds the images ready to be smushed... these images are smushed already. So you can leave them for now.
    Though there is no specific ETA I can give you with this. But I can assure you this is on our priority list.

Warm regards,
    Swapnil V. Patil

• Swapnil

Hello John,

I had a talk with the developer, and he needs to debug it further. To allow us to investigate it further. Please send us your details through our contact form using this template:

Subject: "Attn: Swapnil"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Please use this subject line to ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

PS: These forums are public, please avoid sharing any confidential information here.

Warn regards,
    Swapnil V. Patil

• Lindeni Mahlalela

Hello John,

I hope you are doing great today and thank you for contacting us regarding this issue. I am sorry for the late response from our side, we really appreciate your patience with regards to this.

I have checked the change logs of the plugin and have noticed the following line in the change logs:

Fixed - Some Images would keep appearing in the re-smush list, if "Resize original images" is enabled

This seems to be a fix to the issue described my colleague Swapnil in his post above. This was fixed and released in June 21, 2017 with version 2.7.2 of the plugin. Please confirm on your website by trying to reproduce the issue. Let us know what you find and we will be happy to help in any way possible.

Have a nice day.