SMUSH NOT WORKING, number is still staying the same....

Hi,

I added a code for max_execution_time but the SMUSH number is still staying the same. I stayed on the wordpress page for a few hours and it's not going past a certain number. Please help? I need my images to smush.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Marc,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Thanks for enabling support staff access right away. I clicked on bulk smush and it smushed from 277 to 315 (and counting) in about 7 minutes (see screenshot).

That could be a temporary glitch. Please note that you need to keep WP Smush window open to complete the process.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• Marc
      • Flash Drive

that was not helpful at all. the number went to about 2000 and did not move for hours while the page was opened. then it went from about 2000 back to 0 and then when I smushed again it went back to 2000 and from 2000 back to 0. this is the THIRD time I'm trying to SMUSH. Thoughts?

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Marc ,

Hope you're doing well!

I've checked and the max_execution_time has already changed on your site. Though while bulk smushing images the images can't be found.

It means that the image was deleted from /wp-content/uploads/ folder though the record of it remained in the database. For example, check this image:
    yoursite.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Paper-Towns.jpg

One way to fix this issue is to delete the images manually, from the Media Library. But, because a lot of images are missing, try the Media Cleaner plugin to automatically remove missing images.

There is also more custom solution mentioned here.

Please make sure to back your site before making any changes. You can create backup with the Snapshot Pro plugin.

Let me know how it went

Cheers,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.