Smush Pro and Beaver Builder not Playing Well Together

I've spent the last day trying to get my images optimized with Smush and I still haven't gotten any improvement - except for images I did more optimizing in Photoshop. Not sure what I'm doing wrong there.

I've deactivated the Smush plugin for now because when activated I cannot use Beaver Builder plugin. Some areas become missing and rearranged and I get the following error at the very bottom of the page (while Beaver Builder is trying to be used).

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2127216 bytes) in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas02_data03/59/2593359/html/wp-content/plugins/bb-plugin/classes/class-fl-builder-model.php on line 4941

Thanks so much. Hope you can help ... and Happy New Year.

eLiz

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello eLiz,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The error that you are getting suggests that it's a memory limit issue. Certain plugins/scripts such as for example Beaver Builder may require a bit more resources than other so when other plugin (in this case WP Smush Pro) is using some of these resources, "weird" issues may happen.

I would suggest starting with this:

1. add following line to the "wp-config.php" file of your site in order to let WordPress (and its plugins) use more server/PHP memory:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT','256M');

This line should be placed above the "/* That's all, stop editing! */" line.

2. Once the line is there, make sure that you cleared all the caches (in browser, on site if there's any caching plugin enabled and on server if there's any caching system); then give it another try.

Let me know please if that helped!

Happy New Year!
    Adam

• eslucky

Thanks Adam. I use Beaver Builder on many different websites for clients and myself. I was hoping WP Smush Pro would be a quick way to optimize and compress images ... but I'm not sure if I want to have to make changes in the wp-config file in all of the sites. FYI this happened with Hummingbird too.

So I'll think a little bit about this and might go a different route.

Thanks so much for the quick response.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.