[Smush Pro] Bulk Smush errors.

I’ve run it a few times and get the same amount of errors.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Carl

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

I checked the site and it looks like the images were removed (or otherwise deleted) from the server but not through WordPress’ Media Library.

Removing images “physically” is not the “WordPress way” because while the image is removed, the image data (information about image) stays in the database and WordPress itself as well as theme and plugins – if they “want” to deal with images – are fetching information about available images from the database.

Therefore, if there’s an entry about an image in the database but relevant image does not physically exist, such errors occur.

The way to solve this is to either re-upload missing images or to go through the media library in site’s back-end and delete related entries (assuming these images are not used anywhere on site; if they are, they would be “broken” on site too). After that, the cache on site and server should be cleared and running bulk smushing again should be successful.

Kind regards,

Adam

• Carl
    • Flash Drive

Ok. I not sure why they would have been deleted from the server. I think this occurred during the AWS image migration a while back or recently when you/we moved all the images back to the site and on WPMUDEV servers.

I don’t know where those images would be and there’s no way we can find them and re-upload them all. If they are broken, then ok. Let it be.

Is there a way to remove these errors in any other way?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Carl

You can actually try to “regenerate thumbnails” and there’s a chance that some of the images might be restored this way. This plugin would be a tool of choice (just set it to regenerate only broken/missing ones):

https://wordpress.org/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/

If you do have some backup, you could also try restoring the images from backup. But if it comes to getting rid of errors, the simplest way would be to just delete these missing images from Media Library – since files are not there, that would simply delete related database entries and Smush wouldn’t be trying to optimize them anymore.

Best regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.