[Smush Pro] "File Path is empty" issue

When i go for individual smush image – it gives me – "File Path is empty" issue. If i go for bulk smush it gives me list of images with its server path – /var/ww/html/ … and message "Could not find " – whereas my images are on s3 bucket. I have enabled required settings from the plugin and also have aws offload plugin activated in website.

Can you please look into it and let me know what is exact issue.

Thanks in advance.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Startupbootcamp

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

I would like to take a closer look at the case and check it so would you mind enabling support access to the site in question for me so I could do this?

To enable support access, please go to the “WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access” page in site’s back-end, click on “Grant support access” button there and let me know here once it’s done (as I won’t be notified automatically).

I’ll then access the site, check the issue and assist you further with it.

Best regards,

Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Startupbootcamp

Thank you for enabling support access!

I checked the site and I see that the message from Smush contains a wrong path value. It seems to be using the path with entire URL appended to it – which it shouldn’t be doing.

However, Smush itself only takes information about images from the database and while it’s compatible with the S3 offload plugin that you’re using, it should still be able to deal with these images unless “something” else is interfering.

I didn’t risk doing any further tests though as the site is quite complex if it comes to configuration and with support access only I wouldn’t be able to revert any changes in case anything went wrong and I got cut off.

I also noticed that the there’s a lot of “performance optimization” tools enabled there that should not be working together because they are trying to do the very same thing. This might be and most likely is related as that kind of configuration can result in multiple unexpected and extremely difficult to track down conflicts.

What we should do now would be to first “de-configure” and disable pretty much all the optimizatin options and related plugins (except from only Smush and S3 Offload), clear all caches and disable them and then run a full conflict test (meaning switching the site to Twenty Nineteen theme, disabling all other plugins and testing it while enabling them back one by one).

In case of this site it will be a complex operation that also might cause unexpected results on a way and while it should help diagnose issue (and probably also better optimize the site in the end) I need to ask you first:

– I see this site is set as a “staging” one; am I free to do whatever it takes to identify the problem and find solution on this site even if it means some risk?

– do you have a full backup of that site in case it would have to be restored?

– would you be able to provide a full access (including server) to this staging site so I could fully investigate it (including our developers if necessary)?

As for this last question: note please – don’t leave your login details in this ticket.

Instead, you can send me your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:

Subject: “Attn: Adam Czajczyk

– Site login URL

– WordPress admin username

– WordPress admin password

– FTP credentials (host/username/password)

– cPanel credentials (host/username/password)

– Folder path to site in question

– Link back to this thread for reference

– Any other relevant urls/info

Looking forward for your response (you can also include answers to my questions directly in the e-mail message if you prefer).

Best regards,

Adam

• Startupbootcamp
    • New Recruit

Adam Czajczyk – Before sharing all these details i need to take permission from my client. So, before that what i am thinking is – i will deactivate plugins and switch to default theme to trace the issue. In this activity where i need you is that can you please help me out to list those optimisation plugins – which are doing same things according to you at a time.

So, will keep only required after tracing issue process.

It will be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Startupbootcamp,

These are the optimization plugin that I see on your site and most likely some of them are conflicting with each other:

Asset CleanUp: Page Speed Booster
    Better WordPress Minify
    CDN Linker
    W3 Total Cache
    WP Offload Media Lite
    WP-Optimize

And in addition to that, your theme has some optimization options as well so try disabling that as well.

Note that some of the plugins listed are probably adding additional rules that will stay applied even after the plugins are disabled so make sure to redo their settings before deactivating.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Tho Bui
    • Staff

Hello @Startupbootcamp,

I hope you’re well today!

I have prepared a custom snippet which you can use as a guide here :

https://gist.github.com/wpmudev-sls/66933bc2840ca2b22305c322442c6f9d

You can download a zip, unzip it and upload file smush-fix-full-url-wp-attached-file-meta.php to your wp-content/mu-plugins folder. If that folder doesn’t exist you can simply create it.

If you are not familiar with mu-plugins you can read about them here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/using-mu-plugins/

or you can paste it in your child theme’s functions.php file.

Kind regards,

Tho Bui

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.