[Smush Pro] Image Lazy Load not detected by PageSpeed Insights

I added lazy loading for images on my website. And it works fine, but there is problem with PageSpeed Insights. Analysis says that lazy load is activated on desktop, but on mobile it is not. Lazy load works on mobile and desktop but the pagespeed says different!

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Admin,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

We'll like to give a closer look regarding the settings configured in the plugin side to see have a better idea of what could be causing this.

Could you please grant support staff access so that we could give a closer look. You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Please let us know once you enable access so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Admin

Thanks for enabling support access. Yes, I can see the issue on the pagespeed report, but when I use the chrome developer tools then I don't see that mentioned. Here is a screenshot:

I have also checked the site on mobile and it looks like lazy load of images is working fine. Still, I have asked the developer Anton Vanyukov to take a look, so please keep the support access active.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello Admin,
    hope you're doing well and don't mind me chip in here!

As mentioned before, our developers are still working on improving the image parser that Lazyload module uses, so there're fewer images that are getting skipped by Smush plugin.
    If there's any development on this, like a version number that we expect this to change, we'll keep you posted here.

As for the Lazyload not working at all, I'm not sure if this is because the blog posts are loading pretty fast. Would you mind us temporarily increasing the values in Smush Pro -> Lazyload -> Animation so we can easier troubleshoot this in mobile devices?

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Admin,

We tried increasing the lazyload animation, but I'm afraid wasn't able to notice much difference, and could notice different results with test done in Google Page Speed.

Just to be sure, do you have any server-side cache enabled? Could you please confirm that with your hosting provider? And if enabled, if possible please do keep the server cache temporarily deactivated so that we could test further if needed.

We have already reported the issue regarding how the images are loaded in Page Speed. However, I could notice some anomalies on how the images are loaded too, which I have reported to the developer too.

Will keep you updated once this bug is given a closer look by the developer, and will update regarding the status of the issue asap. Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Admin,

I can see that LazyLoad is not working still on mobile, but I can see it's working on the desktop mode.
    We would like to investigate it further with our Second Line Support developers.
    Note: Don't leave your login details in this ticket.
    Instead, you can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:

Subject: "Attn: Kasia Swiderska"
    - Site login URL
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password) OR cPanel credentials (host/username/password)
    - Folder path to site in question
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls/info

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic, so it doesn't go back to the forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Please confirm here that you send those credentials

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.