[Smush Pro] Image resize for WooCommerce

There's a feature that is in big demand in our industry, image resizing with a set color background.

Here is the scenario. you're building a store, your client sends you images of all sizes. Yes there is Photoshop, but who wants to organize the pics before being able to batch process them? Plus receive images from the client for multiple suppliers, and you can forget about having all images being the right size. Makes the store look...... messy. So, the plugin will edit the WooCommerce Product images ONLY. Turns them all into let's say 1000 x 1000 and fills the BG with whatever color you chose. Want to make it more customizable? Let us chose the BG color based on categories (let's say a certain supplier sent images with a black BG while others were white). Awesome.

There was a plugin available, but it was removed and the people behind it are turning it into a Cloud Service. They're not a big group like WPMUDev, so it may be a while before it is launched. But at the same time, bigger companies take longer to make decisions :-p

Honestly it's not that complicated. :smiley: and it can be of great value for current customers, and maybe even brgin in new ones because no else offers this!

Here's a plugin that does it but not updated. Needs to be tweaked and you're good to go :smiley:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/jresizr/

Hopeful member

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Paul

I hope you're well today!

I've heard of this other plugin before but I admit I wasn't aware it's no longer developed and updated :slight_smile: You're idea sounds quite interesting and I can see how handy it could be. I agree it would make a great feature for our Smush Pro plugin.

I've already suggested it to our developers but I'd also like to ask you if, since we're already talking about this, there are any additional/related tools/features that you think could be useful? I'm thinking of things that could possibly "fit in" into the Smush area :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Paul
    • The Incredible Plugin Injector

Hello Adam Czajczyk ,

Thanks for getting back so quickly! I'm thinking maybe something in the Integrations Area. A WooCommerce one. Once activated, WP Smush would Resize the images to the chosen sizes in the WooCommerce settings (or maybe even an override in Smush settings). While resizing, you can have an option of making the images (or thumbnails or both) into a square. When that option is activated, you can choose the BG color or the option of choosing the BG based on category, then on each category, you can select the color you want. It would be nice to have a default one and then we can override it in the category pages if we want.

I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for, but I'm open to further discussions and testing/providing feedback.

Best regards,

Paul

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.