Smush Pro install problem

I have been trying to install Smush Pro, but during the install process it seems to hang up at Activating Smush Pro and then starts over again. Tried 4 times and am now giving up until you tell me what is wrong, and what I can do to get Smush to activate

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Tom

I hope you're well today!

I'll be more than happy to assist you with this but I'd need to take a closer look at the site. Such issue is nothing "specific" to Smush or any other plugin and usually is a sign of things like (these are just some possible reasons) some resource limits issues on server, broken files (if there was some glitch during file download or zip extraction upon installation), a conflict with another plugin...

One basic thing that I'd suggest to try first would be to do this:
    - go to the "WPMU DEV -> Support" page and click on "System info" button then switch to "WordPress" tab
    - scroll it all the way down and check the value of "WP_MEMORY_LIMIT" line (not to confuse with "WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT")
    - if it's anything below, let's say, 128M, it would be worth increasing it and might solve the issue immediately.

To increase WP memory limit, add following line to the "wp-config.php" file right above the "That's all, stop editing" line there:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

If that doesn't help, could you please enable support access to the site so I could take a closer look? To do so, please go to the "WPMU DEV -> Support" page in your site's back-end and click on "Grant support access" button there, then let me know here once it's done.

One more question though: when the activation hangs up, it just "starts over" but you don't need to e.g. manually remove the plugin via FTP to re-gain access to the site, is that correct?

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.