[Smush Pro] JetMenu doesn't work with CDN enabled

Hello!

I have an issue with the latest version of Smush Pro, and actually this version has caused different issues in more than one of my sites.

In this case, when CDN is enabled, the images of my mega menu don't appear. Disabling just the automatic resizing doesn't work, CDN has to be entirely disabled for the images to appear. This didn't use to happen with the older versions of Smush — I now downgraded to the previous version and there is still an issue so I am guessing something was changed 2-3 versions ago that caused this incompatibility.

Thanks!

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Thalia,

I could notice the issue. It's odd that even reverting to the older version still causes the same issue. On giving a closer look, I could notice there isn't any fixed height defined via the JetMenu.

Adding the following CSS, under Appearance > Customize >Additional CSS section has fixed the issue.

#jet-menu-item-5208 > div > div > div > div > section > div > div > div > div > div > div > div > div > a > img {
    height: 160px !important;
    }

Could you please update the plugin, and see whether it works fine with the latest version too?

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Thalia
    • Flash Drive

Unfortunately this didn’t solve the issue. Enabling automatic resizing and updating the plugin caused the images to disappear on Containers menu (they appear on Shelters menu).

I have disabled automatic resizing for now since this is a live website, when you login to check it please try enabling it again to see if that brings back the issue.

Another weird thing with Smush on this website is that it keeps saying that 11 images need smushing. I go ahead and Smush them, then I get the message that all images are smushed. When I click on Recheck Images, it says again that 11 images need smushing, and it smushes them again and so on.

Thanks!

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Thalia,

I have disabled automatic resizing for now since this is a live website, when you login to check it please try enabling it again to see if that brings back the issue.

Seems like support access to your website is no longer enabled. Could you please enable support access, so that we could give a closer look?

Another weird thing with Smush on this website is that it keeps saying that 11 images need smushing. I go ahead and Smush them, then I get the message that all images are smushed. When I click on Recheck Images, it says again that 11 images need smushing, and it smushes them again and so on.

Could you please try the following patch, and see whether it resolves the issue? You can apply the smush.js file in the following path:

/wp-content/plugins/wp-smush-pro/_src/js/smush/smush.js

Please make sure to take a copy of the file before overwriting the patch, and let us know how that goes.

You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Please let us know once you enable access so that we could get check the mentioned menu images. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Thalia,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I have added the following CSS, which should fix the anomalies noticed with the menu:

#jet-menu-item-5207 > div > div > div > div > section > div > div > div > div > div > div > div > div > a > img {
    height: 101px;
    }

I applied the patch but it didn’t resolve the issue.

Regarding the mentioned issue, sorry to hear the patch didn’t help much. I checked regarding this with the developer, and I’m afraid at the moment the given patch doesn’t seem to help much, and we could still notice further issues. I’m afraid, at the moment there isn’t a new patch that should be shared and would require further development. Our developer is working on a fix regarding the anomalies noticed in the next release.

However, the numbers listed is more of a false positive, as the issue is with the statistics displaying incorrect numbers, and the images, in general, should be smushed, irrespective of stats saying there are 11 images still pending for smush.

Will keep you posted once we have further feedback regarding the status of this bug.

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Nithin
      • Support Wizard

Hi Thalia,

I suppose you meant about the Smush statistics not showing correct, right? We had some improvements deployed regarding the statistics in the plugin, however, we were able to notice there were still anomalies regarding this.

In general, when you reload the page, Smush is loading statistics based on the Smush stats in the database. When you click re-check, Smush will go over every single image and compare with the values stored in the database.

We were able to notice instances where the actual scan isn’t producing the same results as the values stored in the database. This is something which our developer is aware of, and is given a high priority in upcoming version 3.4.

However, I’m checking regarding the status, and whether there any further updates regarding the issue that could be shared asap.

Regards,

Nithin

• Nithin
      • Support Wizard

Hi Thalia,

I got further feedback from the developer, and there could be various factors that could cause this issue. The next release 3.3 will also have some improvements regarding this, however, since there are many instances, and factors for such issues to occur. It’s tough to say how well the next release would behave regarding the issue on your website.

Once the release v 3.3. is available if you still notice the same issues, would recommend you to run a conflict test, and see whether the issue occurs.

If you still notice no difference would appreciate you to open a new ticket so that this could be looked upon separately after the 3.3 version update.

Regards,

Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.