[Smush Pro] Lazy load for iframes

Hi,

my question is, if you plan to add iframes for the Lazy Load feature? This means, that not only images will not load, when they are not visible, but iframes also.

Thank you!

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Surbma,

I don’t think it’s in the plans right now but it can certainly be a nice addition, not sure if it would better fit Smush or Hummingbird though :thinking:

Either way, I’ve passed your request to our devs so they can discuss it further and consider adding it in one of the future releases :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Predrag

• Surbma
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Lazy Load is already a feature for Smush Pro, so I guess a new checkbox is an easy step forward for that plugin.

Just to let you know, I installed the “Lazy Load by WP Rocket” plugin and it makes a website with 3-4 videos from 16 to 63 points in the Google PageSpeed test just because the videos are lazy loaded.

So yes, it is a very nice feature and can get you another plus point to use only your plugins. :wink:

Thank you for your quick and positive reply!

• Julian
    • Fake Russian Bot

Smush or Hummingbird, doesn’t matter to me. As long as we can lazy load more than images. Lazy loading comments is going to be added to Hummingbird in an upcoming version I believe so maybe it makes the most sense to add additional lazy loading for other types of content to Hummingbird. And I think that Anton Vanyukov mentioned elsewhere that they want to keep Smush focused on images only.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello!

I think you’re right on this Julian – Smush is strictly an “image optimization” plugin and it currently is and, most likely, will stay focused on this.

But the feature itself seems like a great performance “booster” indeed and it could suit Hummingbird’s tool nicely, in my opinion. As my colleague Predrag already passed that over to our developers, they’ll review and consider options. I’m not making promises as it’s not my call but I believe there’s quite a good chance we can see it in future :slight_smile:

Have a great day!

Adam

• Ani
    • Product Designer

Hey Surbma

Hope you’re having a good day.

We already had this feature request before and I am happy to say, that we’re planning to include iframe lazy loading in Hummingbird. Other than this, we have a plan to add lazy loading comment feature as well and we’ll soon start the development of these 2 features. Keep your eye on the Roadmap and soon these features will appear there. :slight_smile:

Regards,

Ani

• Surbma
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Ok, Hummingbird is maybe a better framework for this feature. The point is, that this feature can add a lot of value to a website regarding page speed. I really hope, soon I will see this feature on the Roadmap!

Thank you!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.