Smush Pro not working on 64 images. Re-try a few times. same thing.

WP SMUSH PRO. I have 64 images that will not smash. I have tried over and over. It looks like its working. The coding bar works for a normal amount of time. 5-10 mins then says it completed the tack of smashing 64 images. the count matches on right. Then I recheck and the 64 images come back and says I need to smash 64 images.

Also I granted access for support but when submitting the ticket it doesn't seem to send to you.

Strange. Please help. Thanks.

• James Morris

Hello Douglas,

I hope you are well today.

I was able to log into your site via the Support Staff Login and take a look around. Doing a quick check in Google Chrome DevTools, I see a very large number of 404 errors relating to thumbnails in your Media Library. This can happen when the thumbnail references become corrupted. I've seen this happen even on sites not running Smush. See screenshot: https://goo.gl/U0xEm6

These errors can cause Smush to hang or fail entirely.

One solution is to run the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin. This will regenerate all the thumbnails on your site. You will need to re-check and resmush your images after this, but this should resolve the problem.

Let us know if this takes care of your issue.

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris

Hello Douglas,

In order to help you better with your issue, would you please grant me access to your site and server?

Please visit the Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

Select "I have a different question" from the drop-down box.

Subject: "Attn: James Morris"

In the Message box, please provide the following:

- link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- Hosting Control Panel Login
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url