Smush Pro reverted to Smush.

I'm now experiencing an issue with all sites where Smush Pro is installed. They have reverted to Smush but the WPMU DEV dashboard shows that Pro is installed.

For some reason, Smush Pro is showing as Smush and prompting me to try/upgrade. Even though it shows as installed.

Deactivating and reinstall it again fix it in one of the sites but now I have to run the config and smush again for the first time. But what caused it? It is going to be time-consuming to log in to each site and do this.

So the purpose of the Hub is to make this simple and efficient. Now I have to log in to each one, deactivate, delete, reinstall and reconfigure then smush.

I just renewed my subscription to WPMU and this is going to cost me money now.

Please help and thoughts on this.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Damo,

Could you please provide more information regarding these issue. Was the issue noticed once the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin was updated to version 4.6?

Smush plugin requires WPMU DEV Dashboard installed, and activated in the WordPres dashboard to make sure the plugin unlocks the premium feature. If the WPMU DEV plugin is disconnected, the Smush Pro plugin will automatically locks the pro features, and will only display the settings of the free version.

We did have some anomalies during the initial phase of the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin update, which was quickly rectified by the developers asap. Maybe that may have caused the issue with WPMU DEV Dashboard getting disconnected, but cannot say for sure, as we don't have many members reporting this at the moment.

However, Smush Pro can only revert to free version, only in cases of WPMU DEV Dashboard not getting connected to the Hub. Once the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin gets connected to the Hub, the Smush Free version should have automatically unlocked to Pro version.

Do you still have sites where you still notice such issues, so that we could give a closer look at the dashboard side? If yes, please enable support access to such websites too, so that we could give a closer look.

Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.