[Smush Pro] Smush CDN fails to load resources

I keep getting errors related to Smush CDN that fails to load images:
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 504 () (OKT-Albert-1024_1.jpg, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 504 () (Niemeläinen-1024_2-e1565948598963-400×284.jpg, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 504 () (Vihdinpuisto-1024_1.jpg, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 504 () (Kankareen-Paalutus-1024_1.jpg, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 504 () (Niskaparkki-lattialämmitys-e1565949646146-400×284.jpg, line 0)

I have the same issue on another website too. Can you please help? The support access is enabled, but I will disable the Smush CDN for now, since the website is live.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Asen Velichkov

I hope you’re well today!

The images affected, are they all on the homepage or on some other pages? I’m asking because I’ve just accessed your site and enabled Smush CDN for testing and all the images were loaded – no errors, no missing images.

I’ve disabled it back for now, in case I missed something but if you can confirm that they are on homepage (as this is the page I tested), please try enabling it back and see if it will load fine (you might need to clear cache after enabling CDN though).

Please also take a look at this status page:

https://status.wpmudev.com/

We’ve been experiencing some temporary issues with Smush API recently and all the incidents are listed there. Are you able to find any relation between the times when you noticed issues with images and the occurrences of the API issues listed on that status page?

Best regards,
    Adam

• Asen Velichkov
    • Flash Drive

Hi, this happens only with the Project and Post featured images (thumbnails), that are listed on the home page and in the pages called Referenssit and Uutiset. And it maybe takes a couple of minutes after you enable the CDN to be able to see that, but I always see the issue when I check on those. And, as I mentioned, I have the same issue with the Posts featured images on another website.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Asen Velichkov

Thank you for response and additional information!

I’ve accessed the site again, enabled CDN in Smush and browser entire site “back & forth” for a while. I still wasn’t able to replicate that – there was no errors in browser console, no missing images, and every image that I specifically checked was loaded from Smush CDN as expected.

I’m actually starting to wonder if that may be browser/OS related somehow. I wasn’t also able to see the issue that you reported in your other ticket regarding Hummingbird and assets. I’m on Windows so can’t check with Safari/OS and I was using Chrome and Firefix. (side note: my colleague who works on Mac will “take over” that other ticket of yours and respond to you soon there).

The 504 HTTP status shouldn’t, theoretically, be related to browser/OS but I wouldn’t rule that out yet, especially taking that other issue into account.

Having that said, I’d like to ask you if you did/could try checking also with other browsers than Safari but on the same computer and then if you can check from different computers and/or internet connections?

May I also ask what country are you checking that from (I know that sounds strange but there’s a reason for this)?

I’m just trying to narrow things down.

Looking forward to hear from you,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.