[Smush Pro] Smush CDN slow images download

All of my images are hosted on Smush CDN, however on one of my pages, the load time is very slow considering the images are loaded throught a CDN.

• Prathamesh Palve

Hello ibroker,

I hope you are doing well today and thank you for giving us time to have a closer look at the site and analyse things for you.

Starting checks, I first went ahead and did a few tests on the page you mentioned. Here are the details:

1. Hummingbird Performance Test:
    The performance test for the site stated that there are Some Render blocking Issues on the site and also many of the CSS files need minification.

2. Google Page Speed Insights:
    The Google Page Speed test for mobile version states that the images needed more compression and the desktop version test states that there are some Render Blocking Issues and CSS minifications needed. Adding to this both mobile and desktop version state that there is some unused CSS and should be differed/Force not to load.

3. Pingdom Test:
    The Pingdom test also gave very similar test results as the Google Page Speed Insights & the Hummingbird Performance Reports.

After taking all the tests, I came to the following resolution:

1. If you navigate to Smush Pro Dashboard Section and scroll down to the bottom of the page the last section of the page, the PNG to JPEG conversion is turned OFF. When you compress a PNG, Smush will check if converting it to JPEG could further reduce its size. I advise you to turn that ON, save the changes and Recheck the images. Smush if any images show up.

2. After this, when I checked the Assets from the Hummingbird-> Asset Optimisation section, I see that the CDN is on, but as described in the above reports, JS & CSS needs to be minified, deferred or needs to be inline. Here you can make changes to the files as stated in the Hummingbird Performance reports and check the site after each change is made. If at some point the site breaks, you will have to revert the change.

3. To work on the render blocking resources, please refer the following article written by our folks:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/eliminate-render-blocking-issues-hummingbird/

Note: Please make sure you make a full site Managed backup/Local Snapshot backup before making any changes in the Asset optimisation section.

Let us know the results after working on the above-stated points.
    Should you have any doubts or need any help further, feel free to post back in the thread here.

Regards,
    Prathamesh

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.