[Smush Pro] smush is not working

I purchase smush $5 cdn but is not working my website have many images and js and css files . i activate smush pro but is not working fine my website some images not show and some images is not convert into webp and my js and css not use cdn please fix this i request you many times otherwise i give you a bed reviw in your product.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Rahul

I hope you’re fine today and thank you for your question!

Let me please explain first about Smush CDN. Smush Pro is a plugin for image optimization and the Smush CDN will only handle images. It does not and will not work for JS and CSS files and any other files that are not images.

Purchasing additional bandwidth, which you did, only lets you server images from Smush CDN to more visitors that it would be possible with bandwidth included with Memberships. So, if your site receives huge traffic, that’s a good decision and a purchase that is recommended. But it will not help with JS and CSS files.

There is another CDN for JS and CSS files and it’s built-in into Hummingbird plugin. I can see that you already have Hummingbird plugin installed on site but the “Asset Optimization” feature – which will let you push JS/CSS files to the CDN – is disabled. You do not need to make any additional purchases to use it. You would, however, want to actually enable and configure it.

To do so, please go to the “Hummingbird -> Asset Optimization” page in your site’s back-end and click “Activate” button there, then follow on-screen guide. Please note: asset optimization might sometimes need additional configuration and tweaking. Please take a look here for a detailed guide and additional information on how to use that feature:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/wpmu-dev-plugins/hummingbird/#asset-optimization

Getting back to images and Smush CDN then. I checked the site and I can see that Smush CDN is working but I also can see how some images were not served from CDN and converted. I did some checks and tests on your site and this is related to the conflict with your theme.

The theme includes its own Lazy Load function that apparently breaks plugin features. It’s important to know that two Lazy Load tools (or any image optimization tools for that matter) should never be used at the same time on the same images as that nearly always causes unexpected troubles.

In this case, however, the lazy load built into the theme conflicts with Smush and breaks its performance. At this current state, Lazy Load in the theme (“Urma Options -> General” page -> “Lazy load images” option) and Lazy Load in Smush Pro (“Smush Pro -> Lazy Load” option) must be both disabled in order for Smush CDN to work.

I’ve set them this way and now images are served from Smush CDN, being optimized and converted there.

I have also reported it to our developers so they would check why the theme is breaking Smush performance and see if this is something that we could possibly fix on our end or if it has to be fixed by theme developers.

Please keep an eye on this ticket for further information.

Please note: our developers are dealing with lots of complex stuff on daily basis so their response time might be a bit longer than ours here on support forum. We’ll update you here as soon as we get to know more from them. It’ll be also best if we could stick to this single forum ticket if it comes to the Smush CDN (images) issue – there’s no need to open more tickets or chat sessions (unless you require assistance with some other issues).

Kind regards,

Adam

• Tho Bui
    • Staff

Hi Rahul,

Apologizes for the delay, regarding your issue our developers working on this. In that case, all you need is copy header.php file from parent theme to the child theme. And then remove no-js from class attribute in this file:

<html <?php language_attributes(); ?> class="no-js">

To

<html <?php language_attributes(); ?>>

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Tho Bui

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.