[Smush Pro] Smush Lazy Loader keeps images from loading on my blog

When I turned on Smush's Lazy Loader, none of the images on my Blog were loading. Also, it's not lazy loading the images on my homepage or product pages.

• Preston Zeller
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello again.

I tried again to grant you access today, and it worked this time. Please be cautious when testing this, as the error I'm seeing does disable all the images for our website's blog posts.

Also, keep in mind we have a rather long cache time for our site.

Please keep me updated.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Preston Zeller,

I suppose the blog page where you are noticing the issue is at /blog slug, right? ie:
    yourWebsiteURL.com/blog

I tried to enable the LazyLoad feature in Smush Plugin but seems like as you have stated the Cache is really taking a long time to see the changes getting reflecting in the /blog page.

Is there a way to purge or clear the cache via the WordPress dashboard? Or maybe temporarily disable it in your website until we give a closer look at the issue?

I could also notice your website already using a3 Lazy Load plugin, please do note that such anomalies noticed are common if you enable same Lazyload features via different plugins.

Is it also possible to check how the images load when the a3 lazy load plugin is deactivated temporarily too?

However, these test could only be done accurately if the cache could be purged instantly during test, please advise, if I'm missing anything regarding this, or maybe you could set up a staging site if you are looking forward in troubleshooting the issue further.

Looking forward to your response, have a great day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Preston Zeller,

I'll have to think about the caching issue. Do note, however, that we did turn off a3 Lazy Loader when we tried to implement Smush. I re-enabled it after discovering the issue with Smush.

Thanks for providing more details. However, it's pretty tough to test, and troubleshooting with cache enabled, so please do let us know whether you have found a way to test this out.

Or maybe you could set up a staging website, where we could further test this issue? Your hosting provider would be able to help in setting up a staging site easily.

Please do let us know how you are looking forward to troubleshoot the issue further. Have a great weekend. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.