[Smush Pro] Smush Not Responding

I was smushing my 87000 images, but now you can't go to the SmushPro Dashboard......It just spins and spins. I have deactivated and reactivated to no avail.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Jack

Okay, I have got a response back from the developer. He confirmed, when there are a high number of images, smush breaks sometimes. He is already working on this and very soon this will be resolved. I have linked to your ticket from our issue tracker, so that when the issue is fixed, we can update you.

We appreciate your patience. Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Jack,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. As mentioned in the previous reply, I'm afraid this is a known issue which our developer is currently working on improving in the Smush Side.

The issue has to do with a high number of images in the dashboard causing high load in the Smush side causing this anomaly with loading the Smush page. We are working on the upcoming version 3.3 dedicated to improving performance and refactoring the way Smush works.

I have pinged our developer for a beta release regarding this, and we'll get back to you once we get further feedback regarding the status of the issue asap.

Sorry for any inconvenience due to this. Have a good day ahead.

Best Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Jack,

I do understand that the issue is still ongoing, unfortunately, as mentioned in my previous reply, this is quite common with a large amount of images causing the Smush to not process.

We have noticed this to be an issue occurring only on some specific hosts, and not a generic issues in the plugin side when it comes to loading a large number of images. Our plugin developers are working on improving the workflow regarding this in Smush to see whether there is anything further that could be done in such use cases too.

But, I'm afraid, the developers are still working on improving this, and we don't have a patch or a beta release available at the moment.

Seems like your website is hosted on GoDaddy, could you please share your websites credentials, so that I could check further about the server resources in general to have a better idea regarding such anomalies.

You can send credentials by using our secure contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

- To Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Nithin Ramdas
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login URL
    -cPanel or FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant URLs

Please do follow up on the ticket once you have sent the above credentials. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.