[Smush Pro] Smush Pro is Not Smushing My Large Images on Product Pages

We are running the pro version (on trial) of Smush Pro on our site. For some reason, it is not doing what it is saying it is doing. We have had it up for about a week now, and just a few hours ago, I uploaded some images on this page - https://www.playgroundoutfitters.com/dog-parks/stepping-paws/. They are the three that are at the end that are REALLY big. From what I understand, it should have recognized that these were big images and made them a max of 2048 x 2048 pxs. Can you tell me why this is not happening?

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Grant,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

What Smush Pro plugin does is compress the image size by reducing the file size which hence helps in reducing the size of the image. By default, Smush will only optimize Post Thumbnails images created by WordPress, which is mostly used by default in themes.

I suppose you meant the following image:
    PBARK-470-Stepping-Paws-Lifestyle-1.jpg

If yes, the image what's loading in the mentioned page is:
    PBARK-470-Stepping-Paws-Lifestyle-1-600x400.jpg

Which is a post thumbnail image created by WordPress, which is the resized version of the original image.

You only need to optimize the post thumbnail which is loading in the page, smush should already be optimizing the above-mentioned post thumbnail image without any issue.

There isn't any need to optimize PBARK-470-Stepping-Paws-Lifestyle-1.jpg specifically unless it's loaded in the mentioned page, only the resized version of the image is loading out of the box in those pages.

If you are still looking to optimize and resize the PBARK-470-Stepping-Paws-Lifestyle-1.jpg image, then you'll have to ensure Smush my original full size images is enabled to make sure the original images are optimized.

To resize you'll have to enable Resize my full size images, and set values for the max-width, and max-height, so that the original images would be resized according to the values set. Please do note that the settings saved for Resize my full size images will reflect all the images uploaded, and existing ones when bulk smush button is clicked.

Automatic resizing is only available for Smush CDN. You'll have to enable Smush CDN, and enable Automatic Resizing option if you are looking for such an option.

However, the images seem to load fine. Are you noticing any specific issues with these images? Please advise if I'm missing anything, and enable support access to your website so that we could give a closer if needed.

You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Please let us know once you enable access so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.