[Smush Pro] Smush Pro not smushing user images uploaded through RT Media

I am using BuddyPress on our site along with the RT Media plugin suite that lets users upload images to their profile, gallery, photo album etc.

Smush Pro is working perfectly in all other ways but it is not automatically smushing user uploads. I need to go into Smush settings and bulk smush them all the time manually.

Can you please take a look? I have enabled your access to our site:

https://mydisabilitymatters.club

Dale.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Dale

I hope you're fine today!

I've just tested it on my own test setup and I can replicate the issue. The image sizes added by rtMedia are visible in Smush settings so they can be included in automatic smushing but these images are not processed, indeed.

It seems that rtMedia is most likely either doing some additional operations on these images, making them "available too late" or it's using some custom upload code. There's been such incompatibility issue already (related to rtMedia code) in the past but that was years ago and it was fixed a long time ago.

Apparently, due to recent changes in one of the these two plugin or BuddyPress or WordPress itself, the issue is happening again so I've reported it to our developers as a compatibility bug.

They'll look into it in order to create a fix. I'm not able to give you an ETA but the fix would be included in one of the future versions of Smush Pro so please keep the plugin up to date.

Also, please keep an eye on this ticket in case we had some additional information or some workaround/patch for you meanwhile.

Thank you for reporting this!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.