[Smush Pro] Smush Pro not working…

Hello,

I have been using Smush Pro and it has worked fins and comprresd more than 15K of pictures now.

But, this evening it stopped working, I cannot even get the plugin to start, this message is displayed:

The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

I have done nothing else than running smush, so I can't find out what has happened. Any ideas?

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Mats,

Sorry to hear about the issue. Just to be sure, you have access to the dashboard, but the above message gets displayed when accessing the Smush page, right?

Did you check the admin email as mentioned in the message about what exact error was caused? To have a better idea, we’ll need to debug mode enabled in your website, so that it would give a better idea regarding what could be causing this.

To enable debug mode, open your wp-config.php file located in your root directory, and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );
    define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );

After making the above changes, please try open the Smush page, and replicate the issue again. The related errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory.

Please attach these in your next reply in txt format file, so that we could give a closer look. You can find more details about debugging here.

Please let us know how that goes so that we could help get you sorted asap. Have a nice day.

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Mats
    • New Recruit

Hello,

Thank you very much for your reply!

And for the advice on what to do.

Yes, I can access the control panel. The error appears when trying to start Smush Pro.

Today the err mess was a bit extended:

“Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home3/mteblad/public_html/terracegardentips.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-smush-pro/core/class-wp-smush-core.php on line 794

The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.”

I will do the changes in wp-config.php later today and send you a report.

Best regards,

/ Mats

• Mats
    • New Recruit

Hello again,

This is the content of the file debug.log

[16-Jun-2019 17:19:34 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home3/mteblad/public_html/terracegardentips.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-smush-pro/core/class-wp-smush-core.php on line 794

Same as was displayed earlier…

Rgds,

/ Mats

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Mats,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Glad to hear you have figured out the issue, adding set_time_limit should help. If you still notice anomalies, please do follow up in this ticket, and we’ll make sure to give a closer look if needed.

Kind Regards,

Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.