Smush Pro upgrade no access to WP dashboard or site

Below is the message

Warning: require_once(/home/jaxpho/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-smush-pro1//extras/free-dashboard/module.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jaxpho/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-smushit/wp-smush.php on line 861

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/jaxpho/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-smush-pro1//extras/free-dashboard/module.php' (include_path='.:disappointed:usr/local/lib/php') in /home/jaxpho/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-smushit/wp-smush.php on line 861

• Ash

Hello @Livingstone Jackson

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

You have upgraded from free version? For some reason, another folder is created in your hosting, instead of replacing the old one.

Would you please go to /wp-content/plugins/ and delete both wp-smush-pro and wp-smush-pro1 folder via FTP?

Then using our DEV Dashboard plugin, install the Smush Pro plugin again.

Let me know if it works.

Cheers
    Ash

• Livingstone Jackson

Hi Ash,
    I changed the name of the folder because i am getting the error

Warning: require_once(/home/jaxpho/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-smush-pro//extras/free-dashboard/module.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jaxpho/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-smushit/wp-smush.php on line 861

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/jaxpho/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-smush-pro//extras/free-dashboard/module.php' (include_path='.:disappointed:usr/local/lib/php') in /home/jaxpho/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-smushit/wp-smush.php on line 861

I have done as requested on two separate occasions and the results are the same.
    Should i delete the free version of Smushit ?
    I must change the name of the folder (wp-smush-pro) because after it is installed my site becomes unavailable.
    Thanks
    Livingstone

• Ash

Hello @Livingstone Jackson

Yes please, delete both version of smush plugin - free and paid. The install the pro version from the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin.

Please let me know if that works then.

If it still doesn't work, would you please send me admin login and FTP details?

To send me details, please use our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select: I have a different question
    Subject: Attn-Ash (this ensures that it will be assigned to me)
    Details:
    1. Send all requested details
    2. Send a link of this thread so that I can track
    3. Send any other relevant link

I will be happy to take a look :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.