[Smush Pro] upgraded now its not working

I am about to delete this, at least the free version worked. I don't understand? The thing is stuck "smushing", i dont' think lazy loading is working. Complete mess, and my site is super slow now.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Karen,

It’s possible that the images are corrupted or something else is preventing them from being optimized, but in order to check more in-depth we would need to check Smush on your site so could you please follow the instructions from my previous response and let me know once support access is open?

Best regards,

Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Karen,

I’m afraid that I still can’t see the access granted for the site in question so I wasn’t able to check the backend, but with that image you shared I do have a better understanding on what’s going on.

That report is saying that you have images that are larger than their holder, so even if they are optimized their dimensions are larger than it needs to be and Google doesn’t like that.

The first image is the one of magazine that is located near the site footer, and the image loaded there has a width of 2160 pixels and that is too much, especially for mobile devices, it would be better for large HD screens but since their width is 1920 pixels it’s still larger than that as well.

The second image is the one shown on slider while the slides are loading and it’s the same thing here, it’s 1500 pixels while the size on mobile devices should be smaller.

We do have Auto-Resize option in Smush CDN that is used for resolving this issue but it only work on images that are added in HTML directly, while your images in question are added via CSS as backgrounds to those elements.

So you will either need to discuss this with your theme/page builder developers and ask them to use bg image size that will match the holder size or try uploading smaller images to use on those places, but those can be affecting the look on larger screens then.

Or you can check with the theme devs if those images can be added via HTML IMG tag and then Smush will be able to take care of this via CDN.

Best regards,

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.