Smush server was unable to access images from your site.

I cannot get Smush Pro to work. I was able to install it an initiate a bulk smush request. But since then, I have this error when I go to the Smush Pro admin page:
"Smush server was unable to access images from your site."

I have no idea what's going on. How do I fix this?
Thanks!

• Tyler Postle

Hey Tom,

Hope you're doing well today!

Do you have a security plugin active at all or perhaps blocking off wp-admin? WP Smush requires access to the wp-admin ajax file. Can you deactivate any security or caching plugins then try again?

If needed we can provide you with the IP address for the smush server your using so you can white list it. If that is the issue.

If it's still not working after testing plugins do you mind granting support access so we can take a closer look? :slight_smile:

You can grant support access via admin dashboard - WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Tom,

Hope you're having a great weekend and thanks for granting support access!

Yes, your server is running quite slowly. I was able to cancel the current Smush request. It looks like you're using a CDN; can you whitelist this IP address with your CDN(Amazon Cloudfront): 104.236.81.52

That is the IP for the Smush server your site is using.

Once you do that, then try bulk smushing the images again. That should do it :slight_smile:

Something else I would recommend to help with the slowness is to check which plugins are taking up the most memory. https://wordpress.org/plugins/p3-profiler/

See if some of them you don't need.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Tyler