Smush settings not loading

I am trying to use Smush Pro, but it's page on wp-admin fire 504 error while loading. I tried conflict tests but it does not help. How can we solve this?

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Kevin,

I had a chat with Smush developers and it seems that we recently had a similar report to this and it might be related to the number of images in media library.
    I've added your issue to existing report so they can investigate this further and shed some light on this issue.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Kevin,

I have an update here, so we were chatting further and there's a beta version ready for our QA team that has some queries stripped down and it should help in these cases where there are a lot of images in the library.

Do you perhaps have a staging site where we can test this beta version or can you create a full backup of your live site so we could give it a quick test there?
    It shouldn't break anything but it's always better to stay on the safe side and have a backup ready.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Kevin
    • New Recruit

Hi Predrag,

Sorry for the delay in replying. So first of all let me say that It wouldn't doubt me at all if it has to do with the size of my library. I actually just switched to AWS S3 because my hosting server couldn't handle the large amount of files.

Tell the Dev Team we are dealing with 291355 images @ about 5GB total. In addition, you guys are talking with a early retired Comp-Sci engineer :wink: So I would be glad to help in any way with the beta.

Unfortunately I currently don't have a staging area set up.
    However, I do have a current full backup and I haven't gone live with my website yet.
    So we can try it there whenever you guys are ready.

And In the meantime I think I will throw something together for staging because the website is going to be bigger than I ever anticipated :wink:

Look forward to hearing from you.
    Kevin

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Kevin,

Ok, since your site is still not pushed live yet we can do a quick test there, worst thing that could happen that it goes offline for a couple of seconds until we get the original files back, but it's small chance of even that happening.

Could you provide us with FTP or cPanel access and we will add the beta version for and test the Smush panel.
    Note: Don't leave your login details in this ticket.
    Instead, you can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:

Subject: "Attn: Predrag Dubajic"
    - Site login URL
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel credentials (host/username/password)
    - Folder path to site in question
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls/info

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello @Kevin!

The server access seems to be working now but apparently the user account (for logging into the site) has been removed. Could you add it back please? I think using the same username and password that you already send to Predrag would be best - just confirm here (in this ticket) that it's done.

Please do not post the password here, just a confirmation that the account is already added back :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance!
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi @admin20360!

Thanks of for recreating account :slight_smile: I was able to access the site now and I've tested the recent beta version on the site but, unfortunately (and a bit surprisingly too), it didn't help.

I left it installed (though disabled) on the site - you will see both versions on a plugin list - and I have informed our developers that it didn't solve the case. If you don't mind, I'd like to keep access credentials (wp, cPanel, FTP) at hand so our developers could use them in case they wanted to get some insight specifically to your site, ok?

Of course, let us know please, in case you were about to go live with the site so we didn't "mess up" with it then.

Keep an eye on this thread, as well, please and we'll update you here as soon as we get some news form our developers on this.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Kevin
    • New Recruit

adam,

Yeah I can keep the credentials open for now. I can give you a week, if that isn't enough we can move over to the dev staging site I through together (But right now I'm doing major D.B. work with it).

I haven't read through any of the code to understand what the dev team is having issues with. But I'm wondering if this is a D.B. query issue timing out. My guess is if an image is smushed it is tagged in the D.B. some how. So when starting the plugin it queries the D.B. to see what images are left to be compressed. In my case the table is probably huge with so many photos and it times out.

You have me curious now, I might take a look at the code too :wink:

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Kevin

Thanks, let's hope will be able to solve that before you go live but if not it's great that we'll be able to move to staging site.

As for the reason for the issue. I'm not that familiar with exact reason (on code level) but as far as I'm aware that's got a lot to do with how Smush is creating its stats and checking how many and which images were smushed/require smushing.

I think our devs are either already looking into it directly on your site or should be doing that quite soon so I believe they'll be able to sort that out. We'll keep you informed :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.